Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats for making into the Pick the Winners article in this month's SportsCar! Good luck in Topeka.

John

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Yep, Congrats Derek! Let's see he's had a couple pics over the last 2 years as well in SportsCar as well.

I hope he kicks there butt in September. Good luck Derek!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks for the props guys. I just had a new exhaust installed today for Nats.

Header into racepipe into 3" glass pack w/ turndown just before the differential. TALK ABOUT LOUD!!! I can't rev above 2k in the neighborhood. We'll see how it goes at the test n' tune.

-Derek

·
Registered
128 Posts
Derekb said:
Thanks for the props guys. I just had a new exhaust installed today for Nats.

Header into racepipe into 3" glass pack w/ turndown just before the differential. TALK ABOUT LOUD!!! I can't rev above 2k in the neighborhood. We'll see how it goes at the test n' tune.

-Derek
heh, heh...compared to the SM M3's of Richardson and Sias...it wasn't bad at all...sounded great.

Pete

·
Registered
675 Posts
Pete,

When you rode along with Teresa we had the old setup. My exhaust was quite a bit louder than Vic's (if you can imagine). I thought driving in Topeka with a headache wouldn't be such a good idea.

-Derek

·
Registered
128 Posts
Derekb said:
Pete,

When you rode along with Teresa we had the old setup. My exhaust was quite a bit louder than Vic's (if you can imagine). I thought driving in Topeka with a headache wouldn't be such a good idea.

-Derek
Thats what earplugs are for buddy!

Besides the intimidation factor it provides is worth the extra dB's.

8)

Pete

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
I'd love to hear a sound clip on the track if you guys get a chance Derek or Pete. If you need someone to host it let me know too.

If I had the Hiper on mine w/ a toyomoto header and the s/c I think I could challenge. j/k... I have the L-sportline to tame it down though.

jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts