Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Yes, it is true. You guys beat me to it. I proposed last night at 11:30 ish and she said yes. So I am off the market. Sorry sheliz.

But in all seriousness, I am so fucking happy right now. I have been waiting for such a woman to come along and now that it is official I am in a daze. Thanks for the good wishes guys!!

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
texcon said:
Yes, it is true. You guys beat me to it. I proposed last night at 11:30 ish and she said yes. So I am off the market. Sorry sheliz.

But in all seriousness, I am so fucking happy right now. I have been waiting for such a woman to come along and now that it is official I am in a daze. Thanks for the good wishes guys!!
I know what you mean. I got married a year and a half ago. It's been great!!. I hope it happens the same with you. Zero regrets.

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
texcon said:

Congrats!

So, gonna share the story, or no?

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
BWN 7 said:
texcon said:

Congrats!

He was taking a shit while he proposed...

·
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
26,421 Posts
LexArkana said:
BWN 7 said:
texcon said:

Congrats!

ROFL!!! Who was that again??

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
PMD911 said:
a.k.a Texcon on his engagement. Another one bites the dust!! :)

:lol: :lol: I don't know why but this just had me laughing like a mutha!!

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
BWN 7 said:
LexArkana said:
BWN 7 said:
texcon said:

Congrats!

ROFL!!! Who was that again??

XJay...

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
BWN 7 said:
texcon said:

Congrats!

Not too wild a story - I had gotten the ring in the mail from "my guy" on Wednesday in the mail (out of state jeweler) and it looked great...except for one thing. The center diamond was rotated just ever-so-slightly clockwise (the prongs were anyway), which was no big deal to correct (one day correction). But I was pissed anyway because I expect perfection. Well, I had it all planned out to ask her tonight after she got home from class so I could really surprise her, since we had been talking about the whole marriage thing openly for awhile. So we were laying in bed talking and our conversation morphed from why I was mad (made up some BS) into how we were half-assed living together (I am there 4 nights a week) and it was kind of odd considering how we felt about one another. So this feeling comes over me that I could really surprise her and put an end to all this "nonsense". So I tell her to get up and we walk into the living room (with me holding my travel bag with the ring inside). She sits on my lap and I begin my mini-sppech I was going to tell her tonight. And then I get to the end of my speech, got her off my lap and sat her on the couch and then I got down on one knee and asked her if she would marry me. The rest is history.

It is funny how things don't happen like we plan them, but it still worked out awesome and she was quite surprised by the whole thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
15 Participants
kota
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing