Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I went though the -Useful Audio Posts- and some links did not work. I'm confused about which radio harness I need to install a single DIN aftermarket radio. As far as bypassing the factory amp, I should do that because Pioneer receivers have a nice equalizer and crossover built in. Also, I have some Pioneer 6x9's laying around that I might install at a later time, since the tutorial on how to install them look painstakingly struggling. I searched the Forum for a few days and checked the net only to get confused, please help a new no-Navi 2001 is300 owner :bigSmile:

Thank YOU!

-O

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey.
Although it isn't a step-by-step of how to get to the factory amp, this should help you for by-passing.
http://my.is/forums/4931155-post1.html

You'll want to use this harness if you are keeping the factory amplifier.
Buy the Metra Toyota Interface and other Car in-dash vehicle wiring harnesses at circuitcity.com

I have the Pioneer DEH-5900MP. I just took it out of my RX300 and I noticed no difference as far as sound quality between the Pioneer HU and the stock one.
I would recommend buying that harness I listed above. At least that's the route that I'm taking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks man, i really appreciate your time and effort for the information. I was expecting my first reply to be a rant as to why i'm asking the same questions that have already been answered. Thanks again!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey no problem, I'm new to this community myself. I hope you got what you were looking for otherwise be more specific and we can try and help you out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thanks i got it now. I just needed to know which harness is best for a clean install without cutting wires etc. I wonder how much Watts RMS the factory amp is. If i'm not mistaken, aftermarket radios are like 14-22 watts RMS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts