Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody
I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now and decided to register. Anyway I am mumero uno for the 5 speed. I went and ordered one this past June. Red w/black escaine (I did like the sticky quality of the escaine), fully loaded except for the 18" tires. I talked to Ric Van Pelt of Naperville Lexus (Illinois) this morning and I decided to get the spoiler. He did say expect to expect it the middle to late part of August. Also the deal I got is fantastic. I know not everybody could do this, but sight unseen 2002 for about $1500 over invoice, so I am guestimating based on 2001 inoice about $30,500 - $31,000 before taxes. I seriously suggest people fly to meet with this guy. I can't promise you the same deal but maybe something decent.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sounds good! IM numero uno here too
Same order as you but with full leather (I just cant see myself with imitation suede on a $35k ride.) I would be one happy customer if they do arrive in mid August. Hope everything works out for you!

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: lexluger ]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
what does this mean? are you getting a stripped down model, or one fully loaded for this price? let me know, thanks.

Also the deal I got is fantastic. I
know not everybody could do this, but sight unseen 2002 for about $1500 over
invoice, so I am guestimating based on 2001 inoice about $30,500 - $31,000

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IS300GTE
Thanks for the question
What it means is I the only option that I am not getting is the navigation system, chrome wheels, and the 18" tires(if they are an option?). The car I ordered is 5-speed, absolute red, black leather escaine, moonroof, heated seats, limited slip, rear spoiler. I'm good friends with the parts managers wife (we work together) and that helped me get a foot in the door. However the salesman I am working with is not interested in the quick buck, he's been there a while and would rather have a steady customer.

If I'm doing my math somewhat correctly, comparing the 2001 invoices to the retail prices for 2002 I can see the manual starting at $26,400 invoice. What does everybody else think?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
my dealer told me 33,8 (plus t&t) for the manual and these options :

[NH] Heated Front Seats $440
[ID] Limited Slip $390
[LA] Sedan Leather Package (Power Seats and Homelink) $2,105

[NV] Navigation System $2,000
[SR] Power Moonroof $500.00

does this sound like an equally good deal, or should i try for better? he also told me i would have first choice. what would invoice be on my car approximately? lmk please and also, how much is the chrome wheels option?
tia

Originally posted by conan:
IS300GTE
Thanks for the question
What it means is I the only option that I am not getting is the navigation system, chrome wheels, and the 18" tires(if they are an option?). The car I ordered is 5-speed, absolute red, black leather escaine, moonroof, heated seats, limited slip, rear spoiler. I'm good friends with the parts managers wife (we work together) and that helped me get a foot in the door. However the salesman I am working with is not interested in the quick buck, he's been there a while and would rather have a steady customer.

If I'm doing my math somewhat correctly, comparing the 2001 invoices to the retail prices for 2002 I can see the manual starting at $26,400 invoice. What does everybody else think?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did my math taking into account last years invoice prices for the various 2001 options and rounded some up. I am seeing that the moonroof option is a big reduction. I believe Bimmer did the same on their 3 series
Anyway, if $33,800 is the final price not including tax and title, and you are getting the navigation system and the leather (not escaine) this would be right on target. I priced mine using the $26,400 number (guestimate) and with your options your price and mine would be right on (give or take a few hundred). Percentage wise, it seems they asking for a 5% over invoice.

The chrome wheels I suppose you are talking about are the graphite so according to the home page here, thats $400.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey guys...my roomate works for TMCC/LSF (Toyota Motor Credit/Lexus Financial Services) and he gave me some very intesting info.

First off... don't expect to see any till late August/early Sept.

Secondly, those prices listed on the front page may not be acurate. He has not recieved any pricing on the 2002's yet and they (All toyota/lexus employees) can place their custom factory orders but are not being given pricing as of yet.

Just what he told me. He has gotten info on the colors and options, but not pricing. He says that he gets the info at the same time as the dealers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that is one problem with information. Basically anybody can say anything. Still my salesperson gave me the pricing over the answering machine, and it was exactly what has been posted. In fact when I talked to him he expressed surprise when I gave him the price for the spoiler. We will all find out soon enough what the truth is.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
how about posting all of the info you know about the colors?

Originally posted by Lexus Luthor:
Hey guys...my roomate works for TMCC/LSF (Toyota Motor Credit/Lexus Financial Services) and he gave me some very intesting info.

First off... don't expect to see any till late August/early Sept.

Secondly, those prices listed on the front page may not be acurate. He has not recieved any pricing on the 2002's yet and they (All toyota/lexus employees) can place their custom factory orders but are not being given pricing as of yet.

Just what he told me. He has gotten info on the colors and options, but not pricing. He says that he gets the info at the same time as the dealers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts