Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of installing my audio system today, and upon completion of installing my Capacitor(the only thing i got done so far) my ABS, and Hand Brake light came on, and my traction control light is flashing. Obviously i did sumthing wrong, can anybody tell me what I did, and how to fix it ??? ???

·
Registered
353 Posts
disconnect the battery go inside ur car press on the brake count to 60 connect battery again computer will be reset :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. but will that make them go away and stay away or will they come back on after i do it ????

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks man. but will that make them go away and stay away or will they come back on after i do it ????
try that and tell me if they stay away if they dont u have to make sure u dont have a short no where if u have a short u will be throwing those codes and makeing the car go into limp mode

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried

I tried disconnecting, and the brake pedal and reconnected and it was still there. what should I do now ??? should i remove the cap ? change a ground ? what shoudl I do ??? and if possible can u let me know where the best ground location is ?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
did you mess with anything near or on the intake?

That also happens with the filter is too oily or the maf is dirty

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I tried disconnecting, and the brake pedal and reconnected and it was still there. what should I do now ??? should i remove the cap ? change a ground ? what shoudl I do ??? and if possible can u let me know where the best ground location is ?

leave it disconnected for atleast 10 mins.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its been disconnected almost all day as i havent been driving, i have been wrecking my brain trying to do this install. The lights still come on, buti didnt mess with anything near the brakes that i know of ??? the MAF ??? should i clean it or just go get another one ???

·
Registered
353 Posts
hmmm u might have to go and get the code read i dont know that should reset it try disconnecting the cap and then reseting the ecu again and see what happends

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No luck even with the cap disconnected...maybe i wired sumthing wrong and it is being shorted, i'll try re-wiring my whole car again...
After Christmas though, for now i will just have look at the lights. How do i get the code read, do i have to buy one of those OBD things ???

·
Registered
353 Posts
No luck even with the cap disconnected...maybe i wired sumthing wrong and it is being shorted, i'll try re-wiring my whole car again...
After Christmas though, for now i will just have look at the lights. How do i get the code read, do i have to buy one of those OBD things ???
auto parts store or a dealer

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, i think i FUCKED UP big time. i was driving last night and went to turn on the light right behind the sunroof and it hesitated b4 it came on...i think i may have fucked with one of the wires or definietly caused a short in my shit...what do you think it is ???

·
Registered
44 Posts
How do you have the wires ran? Where did you get the power and where through the firewall did you go through? What Gauge? Where did you ground it? What happened when you charged the cap? On that, how did you go about charging the Cap. I only ask cause Im an installer and may have a few ideas, Some more than others.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ran 4 gauge wire from the battery to an ANL fuse holder and then through the grommet right behing the battery, its ran down the passenger side of the car into the trunk which connects to the cap. the cap is grounded just below the carpet to the frame. from the cap the 4guage goes to a splitter and then divides into 2 8 gauges and then goes to my amps which are grounded on the metal behind the rear seats....I bypassed the factory amp by tying into the factory harness and connecting the ground, acc, and constant power wires to the ones on the new radio wiring harness...............obviously i did sumthing wrong and after putting it all in i realized that i didnt want it all, so 2morrow i plan on removing it all and changing to 8 gauge from under the hood and only use one Alpine MRP-450 amp combined with the Alpine IVA W205 headunit (i was told that it would fit) and then going Alpine Type-R components with infinity 6X9's...int he process of changing it all im hoping to correct whatever i did wrong ??? what do you think i did wrong ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not that its the same. The last time I had this problem was in my personal car. The Alternator was going out, in turn, not providing enough power for the abs to function properley. Being the ABS is tied in with the Brakes, the Ecu is sending the signal out for anything that is brake related. Start by going to AutoZone or something and have your alternator checked and load test the battery. Be sure you charge the cap properly, just "slapping" the cable on gives a slight shock to the battery... how old is the battery by the way?

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you get a double din dash kit, it will work fine with the Alpine 205, trim the top and bottom of the inner side of the kit if you want it to be a flush mount. The 205 is cool as hell, but when the motorized face comes out, it may catch the top or bottom while trying to flush it. I had to actually mount it all the wa foward in my girls f150 cause of the motorized face movment, you may get away by putting it in before shaving the top or bottom some. As for the alpine type r. It is a great speaker, great response and sound reproduction. Just be sure to have it powered by an amp to prevent distortion (what destroys speakers) due to lack of power. Type Rs have a high rms. The 450 (although is small) will power it pretty good.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill be at Auto Zone in the morning definitely...and i just ask them to test the alternator, and load test the battery ??? either way thanks 4 the suggestion bcuz my ABS has been acting a lttle funny ??? i always get a funny noise when i first drive off and if my foot is on the brake when the car makes that noise the brakes kick in a little bit. and those same lights have came on previously and I took it to a shop and shut them off but didnt tell me how they shut them off... but auto zone it is, first thing in the morning........let me know if u guys know anything else about whats going on with my ABS based on what i just said, thanks...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey i tried a few more hthings and no luck with getting those lights off, i havent had the time to take it anywhere 2 get the lights off(Too Much Work). Do u think that another battery will do it 4 me ??? the battery came with the car(Got it about 4 months ago) its a centennial something ??? i was thinking of running an optime yellow top anyway, is this the right way 2 go ???

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Why don't you take the car to Autozone and they will tell you if you need a new battery which I HIGHLY doubt would be the case.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts