Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Reverse is easy, there’s a plug on the AR5 that looks like a 1” nut filled with epoxy and has two wires potted in the epoxy. You just splice the IS300 reverse wires into them.

Cruise probably won’t work without a manual ecu. It requires all the throttle sensors - Apps1&2, tps1&2, and the dbw controls to function. Do you have any CEL’s? How about your VSS, is it working?
VSS is working surprisingly. Must be wired differently on these cars. Yea I figured reverse out. I’ve got a manual ECU but didn’t know if there was a way to do it with the auto ecu still in place. Yes I have CELs but I haven’t checked them yet. Trying to get everything cleaned up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After 3 years of good use my driftmotion steel 1 peice slip yoke driveshaft now has a vibration.
Does that CV peice need to be added or do I have to go back to 2 peice. My driveline angle is less than 1/2 a degree. I really feel like that flange adapter should be rubber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found someone selling an AR5 swap kit for the IS300 but the transmission is from a 2016 Polaris Slingshot. It uses a Verossa shifter extension to get the shifter in the right location and everything else is supposed to be the same as the 06 Solstice AR5. Has anyone else heard of Slingshot AR5 being a viable replacement for the 06 Solstice?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I’d say if it’s overall the same length, it should fit. It has to have the mount on the bottom of the transmission, not the side though. The 07 & up Solstice switched to a side mount trans. It would take some custom fab to work, but not impossible - just not plug n play. I’m not familiar enough with the slingshot to say with certainty. You are correct about the Verossa shifter extension being used.

Can you post a pic of the trans crossmember mount? That would help.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts