Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Interesting. I picked up the DM Stage 3.5 kit, which is supposedly good for 550-600rwhp. I'm hoping to have around 450-500rwhp but that'll be a while. For now it's just N/A and slowwww... In the meantime before boost I'm going to do the Figs Mega Rear Kit and Master Bushing Kit.

Hear anything about the DM 3.5?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting. I picked up the DM Stage 3.5 kit, which is supposedly good for 550-600rwhp. I'm hoping to have around 450-500rwhp but that'll be a while. For now it's just N/A and slowwww... In the meantime before boost I'm going to do the Figs Mega Rear Kit and Master Bushing Kit.

Hear anything about the DM 3.5?
Yep check the post just before your post. Ive had the dm3 and dm3.5, From now on im not buying a clutch that meets the rating. I slipped a dm3.5 at a little over 600whp. It held good at 500.

I must say the dm3 is a little harder than stock pedal. The dm3.5 is softer than my stock is300 pedal. Like scary soft, i thought something was wrong at first. I got to compare the two since i have twin is300's. For 500whp the dm3.5 will be perfect.

Spec needs to put springs in their stage 5 (700ish torque)

Dm needs to cut the price on the super single. To many other proven twin disks for the same price by the time you add the second disk.

This ar5 needs to BLOW!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yep check the post just before your post. Ive had the dm3 and dm3.5, From now on im not buying a clutch that meets the rating. I slipped a dm3.5 at a little over 600whp. It held good at 500.

I must say the dm3 is a little harder than stock pedal. The dm3.5 is softer than my stock is300 pedal. Like scary soft, i thought something was wrong at first. I got to compare the two since i have twin is300's. For 500whp the dm3.5 will be perfect.

Spec needs to put springs in their stage 5 (700ish torque)

Dm needs to cut the price on the super single. To many other proven twin disks for the same price by the time you add the second disk.

This ar5 needs to BLOW!!
I'd be scared AF to blow my trans and you're TRYING to blow yours. Lol! That's awesome...

I'm glad I went with the 3.5 then. And I thought the same thing about the soft pedal. It's definitely softer than stock, which is crazy to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got all the parts for the Ar-5 tranny with driftmotion super single clutch kit the only thing I’m missing is the crossmember the tranny bracket i cant find it anywhere can i use the w55 crossmember?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curran is your man. Brandon made a really nice product...unsure if he is still selling it now though. I got mine from him on eBay.

I couldn’t find anything on ebay I heard other people say the auto crossmember would work is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys i got all the parts I’m only missing breather plug couldn’t find it in the internet by any chance is there any part shop sells it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any ideas one the reverse wiers where it goes in aristo auto sensor and what about the speed sensor i have the auto sensor will it work ?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The reverse light wires are in the auto-transmission harness connection I believe. You need to pull the wires from the connector and wire them to the reverse switch in the tranny.

I think I used the auto sensor but it's been a couple years. The sensor that came with the transmission will work too though the pulses off the AR-5 don't really match the pulses the auto puts out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
w58 heavy duty pressure plate action 6 puck

i really should of bought the kit...but i was impatient so now im looking for a pressure plate for ar5... using w58 components, i have the action 6 puck from driftmotion and a competitionclutch lightweight flywheel. will a w58 heavy duty pressure plate hold 500hp or should i just spend the money and use r154 components

·
Registered
486 Posts
You kind of limit yourself to max HP of that amount -500- with the w58 setup. I use an ACT extreme PP and the highest rated full face clutch disc in mine. I think ACT said it would hold ~450tq. I’m running a BWs362sxe, ID1050x, and about 16psi, and I’ve never slipped the clutch. I did blow out my spark and had to go COP. I could probably turn the boost up, and slip the clutch but I am satisfied where it’s at. The only thing I want to do now is maybe a set of GSC S1 cams and springs, and I’ve got a flex fuel sensor I need to plumb in. I drive this thing daily, so 500hp is good for me.

TL;DR: If you ever plan on >500HP, I’d advise the r154 route, or a multiplate set up. Less than 500, W58 is sufficient.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Just finishing up my AR5 swap, but I have a question,

Did anyone else have their Driftmotion driveshaft flange contact the JZX110 shifter housing? 3 of the 4 corners clear, but the one corner makes contact on the housing. See attached picture. And yes that's tape keeping water out of my cabin. :p

Not a problem, I needed to pull the housing off to make more room for the flange adapter anyway.

Just curious as I don't think I read anywhere about the driveshaft making contact, only the flange adapter being close. My best guess is the flange barely passed QC and is just within the +/- size tolerance haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
I didn't have that adapter but I had an issue with my adapter from DSS for my CV prop. It was just a generic GM adapter so it wasn't necessarily meant for this application unlike yours. I had it turned down by a shop.

I think I remember people on facebook complaining about the same type of interference though from the drift motion adapter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the sameً adopter i had to shave the drive shaft with a grinder a little bit just not to make it hit tho

101 - 120 of 147 Posts