Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the cd player in the car is jammed and cant be fixed.So from what i understand, i will have to replace the headunit. All i want to know is ya'llscollective opinion on these items, what you think about them, and what may be a better choice. I would like to do all of this for under 600 including head unit.
Head Unit.Alpine CDA-9807
Front 6 and a halfs.Polk Audio EX3560 component set
Rear 6x9.Polk EX369's
I am also wondering whether or not i should get the 3 inch and stack it on top of the factory 6x9's? did any of you do this? what is the difference in the sound?
i also have an alternate set up i could use
Front 6's:Kicker K series component set K6.2
rear 6x9: Kicker K69
I will run these speakers through whatever head unit i get for the time being.I will eventually get a x4 or x6 amp to push these. The only reason i wanted to go with Polk's initially is because i already have a MM12 sub.
Please feel free to tell me any suggestions you have, and maybe even list your own set up, or suggest some to me.Just remember i would like to keep the whole package under preferably under 600 maybe 700 at a max.Thanks.

·
8,803 Posts
i would do the kickers instead of polks....

should sound good.

see my sig link for pics....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did anyone stack mount a aftermarket 3inch on top of their 6x9? im wondering if it would sound like crap if i didnt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts