Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the MB Quart QSD216 for the front. Would it balance fine with a set of PCE216 in the rear with a Alpine MRV-F545 amp driving it all? I am going with the Alpine CDA-9855 head unit and no subs. You guys think this will sound good or do I need to do something for subs? I listen to all sorts of music but I don't listen to hard rap or anything I need to shake cars next to me.

Thanx

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You are going to want an amp for the components at least. They don't sound anywhere near as good with just headunit power. You can get away without subs, just feed the speakers the power they need to sound good.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Split2nd said:
You are going to want an amp for the components at least. They don't sound anywhere near as good with just headunit power. You can get away without subs, just feed the speakers the power they need to sound good.
I am going to use a Alpine MRV-F545 as the amp, I just wanted to make sure that would be fine driving that setup.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The rear speakers are mainly used to fill in the back, and to let the rear passengers listen. So it doesn't matter as much what the brand of the rear speakers are, since you really shouldn't be focusing on them in the front. Now the efficiency of the rear speakers might be higher then your components, then you would need to adjust the gains on the amp to match it in accordinly.

In a car audio enviroment, it's hard to get the music you want with out a sub. Road noise washes out the bass, even in a lexus

1 - 4 of 4 Posts