Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-=Completed=-
Toyomoto Stage 3 Turbo Kit
Or what I like to call stage X or Stage 7 ;)

Drop off: May 13th 2005
Pick Up: August 15th 2005

Engine:
Garret GT35R .68 A/R
Toyomoto Tubular Manifold
80mm Throttle Body (LS400) thanks DAS
Shaved Intake manifold
20x10x3 Front mount intercooler
3 inch Intercooler piping from the intercooler to the TB
3 inch inlets on the FMIC
2.5 inch piping from turbo to intercooler
Vortech blow off valve
Supra TT Internals (pistons, rods, rings, bearings)
Boost Logic Turbo Blanket
Haltech E8
Toyomoto return/fuel system
Walboro pump
720cc injectors
Tial 40mm Waste gate (open dump)
HKS Hi Power 3inch muffler (angled up and out)
3 inch exhaust
3 Inch down pipe
No governor
1mm head gasket (TT internals)
PLP non vented radiator panel

Transmission:
W58 (SC300)
-Clutch masters double diaphragm Kevlar disc

Electronics
Defi BF White Boost 60mm
Defi BF White Oil Pressure 60mm
Defi Control Unit II
AEM UEGO Wideband (Silver)
Blitz SBCID III

BRAKES:
Brembro front and rear brakes slotted and drilled
Axis ceramic brake pads

8/15/05-

I arrived at Toyomoto at 2:40pm eager to pick up my car, when I got there my car was sitting out front nice and ready to take delivery. Lance greeted me; we got the keys and went for a test drive. We drove around the complex (anyone who has been thru this or been there knows what I am talking about). He pushed the throttle down the car rocketed forward, 5-7-8-10-12-14-15 psi! At first I was very nervous about the power I was about to take ownage of. Lance took me around a few more times showing me the car and how it drives. Let me tell you it is very fast. Fastest car I’ve owned. I’ve owned a 03 ibp 5spd s/c Toyomoto car also. It compares nothing to a turbo is300. The gt35r spools up fast and when I mean fast it’s like nothing. After going around the block I got behind the wheel and let her open a bit, the car just keeps pulling and pulling, like nothing I’ve ever felt before. It’s insane. Im still getting used to the car like anyone should. I’ve kept the pulls out of first gear, so im doing 3, 4, 5, gear pulls. Just to get the hang of it. After taking care of my business at Toyomoto I drove home, and let me explain I have about a 45min drive from Miami to my house, so it was interesting to say the least. I love the look, feel, drive of the car, and Im very happy with it. The car puts down massive power. I have the dynos but not with me. Im just happy to have my car and enjoy it. Not to be complacent with it. Im a happy boosted owner. Everything on the car is pretty much to my specifications and thoughts from the 3inch piping right down to the turbo blanket. Im just happy to have my car!

A review as always will follow in the week’s months after. Along with pictures, video and dyno sheets.

Miles on car: 4,800
Miles on turbo: 600

Overall id say to people estimate way over your budget that way you have enough money to take care of surprises etc. Estimate to not have a car for awhile due to setbacks, delays, parts, other shops, other people’s shops, other people, etc. It’s hard to have an exact deadline when building a custom turbo kit, and time is everything and so is patience, you must have them. Beater= a must! Yes, they do “slap” on is some aspects, but I’ve learned that it’s piece by piece and it shows you that it was done right. Boost isn’t for everyone but everyone still gets bit by it.

More mods to come, cosmetics, electronics, wheels/tires/suspension, etc.

My Thanks:

-Randy (thank you for everything small and large),

Greg: (thank you for all your help, info, insight, and just listening to what I had to say)

Lance (thanks for building the car)

John (das) (thanks for ALL your help esp. the 8mm TB)

Jeff (thanks for the great info all the time)

Kevin (thanks for your help)

Marc (thanks for the info and insight)

- To: the rest of the FL crew and other members that assisted me or took an interest: THANK YOU. (Shawn, Italian, mike led, Eric j, Eric ggp, Rey white, Ray red, Banana, Fai, Jruih4!

PICS:

http://www.aturbolexus.com/gallerym.html

More info/updates/pics/meets/ etc on my personal website:

www.aturbolexus.com

-JOSH

·
Registered
832 Posts
Officially let me be the 1st one to say Congratualtion. Josh is a very good friend of mine, & yes i had the oppurtunity to check out his ride..His car is simply amazing, i would say it is one of the top notch turbo IS300 out there.

-Shawn

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
congrats. looks good. msm for life.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Looks and Sounds AMAZING!!!

Congrats Josh!

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
That wastegate was insane when you pulled up at the meet, I was about to nut my pants.

Should have run that SS! Damn Orlando traffic.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
The car is amazing, no doubt! I was lucky enough to enjoy a little test and all I could say was wow! I have a supercharged IS from toyomoto and like Josh said there is no comparison. My car is quick but I honestly felt like I was on the seat of a ride on lawnmower when I got in my car after that. haha Anyway, Josh officially I want to say congrats, and God Bless, use it in good health!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey congrats on the kit bro!! it looks amazing!!!! enjoy that power... make sure you enjoy every second of it man!!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Looks amazing! Drive safe!
-Matt

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
awesome stuff..

enjoy it and DRIVE SAFELY! :approve:

also wondering why u didnt get a gauge pod or make one??

btw, what power #'s did u make??

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
He's still not done...the gauges look fine as they are, however.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
magoo said:
He's still not done...the gauges look fine as they are, however.
obviously, i know they wont be kept like that permanently..:lol:...

they look awkward like that even for the time being, but knowing Josh, he'll have a nice custom pod made soon enough....

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
You were wondering why he didnt get a gauge pod or make one...then you come back and say you know they wont be kept like that permanently.

:sigh:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
wow great job, car looks awesome!

btw what did your car put down pump/race?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone, il have the dyno sheets once they are emailed to me, numbers of course I have them...

430rwhp on 13psi on 93 octane and 93 degrees (miami dyno)
450rwhp pn 15psi on 93 octane and 93 degrees (miami dyno)
yes i know about av gas and c16, but we didnt have any gas at the time. ;)

-Josh

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
20 whp diff from 13 to 15 psi?

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Sentinel said:
20 whp diff from 13 to 15 psi?
15psi - 13psi = 2psi difference
450hp - 430hp = 20hp difference