Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 03 IS300 auto, and it has a compass at the interior rear mirrow. However, when I started my car today, I saw it displays a "C" at the mirror, but ot showing the direction. I checked the manual, it asked me to drive the car in a circle for 3 times and it may displays the direction again. I tried it but still not showing....
Did anyone of you experience this before nd anyone knows how to fix it?? thanks!

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
wow never heard of that...how long has it been doing this.....if it just happened today drive it around for a couple of days and see if anything changes if not just take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
643 Posts
take it to the dealer. problem solve.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
take it to the dealers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
this has happened to me a few times. when it happens its usually when its cold outside, but after driving it around for a little bit, it displays the right direction again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
if you read the manual, it says to drive slowly in a circle a few times and the compass will re-orient itself.

this happens to me occassionally, and even if i'm too lazy to find a parking lot to do the circles, it fixes itself eventually.

·
Registered
769 Posts
happened to me once, just go to an empty parking lot and do a drive in a full circle once. Should solve the problem. The C stands for calibrate, if i'm not wrong.

·
Registered
143 Posts
take it to a roof top open parking spot. and do a slow 360 dognut. turn left around 10 times and then right 10 times. this should fix it. if not let your dealer look at it.
skot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.