Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have the JICs and want to kno what the Real big difference is between the high end coilovers.

JIC has a pivotable top and can be adjusted with out spring rate (i think)
HKS ??? I dont kno much bout them
Zeal has a Two Tube design, but what does it do?

I kno this would help me as well as some other .netters

-Eddie

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Re: Comparrisson BTWN *** JIC FLT-A2 | HKS Hipermak 2 | Zeal

- HKS Hipermax Damper II coilover kits provide the ultimate in suspension tuning with 30-way dampening (30 way for IS300s as well) , threaded dual-chambered shock assemblies and perches for height adjustment, upper Pillowball mounts for improved steering response, and tempered springs.

Features:

Chromed Steel shock body assembly with precision-cut threads

Shortened cylinder body and piston stroke

Single tube structure with large free piston

Single tube structure with low-pressure nitrogen gas

Dual oil and gas chambers

Anodized aluminum Pillowball upper mounts

Anodized aluminum spring perches

Dual rate progressive coil springs

Fully rebuildable

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't think that zeal has a dual tube desgin or whatever you are talking about. I have the b6 and it has a shock that is a single tube. You can adjust the height of them by screwing up the or down the outer part around the shock. Maybe that is why you think it is a 2-tube system :-?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- I hear the ZEALS are great... I think HKS and ZEAL would be at the top...
- I would like to ride in someone's car equipped with ZEALS for a comparison, but then again it wouldn't matter much unless they were as low as me...

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
IS300GTR said:
Dut how low are you 2.5"
- im not sure... im thinking more around 3"

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
dut said:
IS300GTR said:
Dut how low are you 2.5"
- im not sure... im thinking more around 3"
Dut, my car has been as low as about 3" down. It was were almost the entire rear tire was tucked and there was no difference in the ride from where it is now (2" down). I would say the ride on my car is still very near stock, but the tires just are stuck to the ground now. :)

I have also heard great things about HKS. I haven't used the two, so I cannot make a comparison. I will say that I am extremely please with my Zeals and they have exceded my expectations.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Wxman said:
Dut, my car has been as low as about 3" down. It was were almost the entire rear tire was tucked and there was no difference in the ride from where it is now (2" down). I would say the ride on my car is still very near stock, but the tires just are stuck to the ground now. :)

I have also heard great things about HKS. I haven't used the two, so I cannot make a comparison. I will say that I am extremely please with my Zeals and they have exceded my expectations.
- same thing as mine... I say ZEAL or HKS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.