Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • My battery is 2 yrs old. The car hadnt been driven in 3 weeks, everytime I come back to the car, the battery would be drained. Where do I start or how to do some basic diagnosis to detect the leak?
  • I wondered if the alternator is bad - but then after driving the car for 10 minutes - it fire up instantaneously
  • Is there a common electrical part that m ight go bad on the IS300? :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Probably just time to replace the battery, get it checked at your favorite local auto parts store. Eventually they won't hold a charge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so - I am hoping its just a battery issue - I will get it checked out with the local auto parts store!
- it passed the state inspection, yay sportcross :approve:

Probably just time to replace the battery, get it checked at your favorite local auto parts store. Eventually they won't hold a charge.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Get an AVR test. It will determine, if you have a parasitic drain, or as stated no cranking amps to draw from.

Base line is about 175 to 200 CA (cranking amps) to start the vehicle. If your AVR test shows less or about this number. Go buy a battery.

Digger08

·
Registered
338 Posts
Take off the negative terminal of the battery and bridge the terminal and the battery with a test light, the test light should light dim if everything is normal. If it lights bright then you have a drain. If you do have a drain have a friend pull the fuses one at a time until you pull the fuse that makes the light light back dim. That is the circuit that the drain is contained in. Get a schematic for that circuit and have fun!!!!!!!!

BUN

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the AVR test offered at Autozone - Or what is it called, the guy at my local store didnt know what I was asking about :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will try this too is the test light - offered at Autozone?
Great job in explaining dude - I think I understand - you're having me isolate the fuse thats blow or shorted out!!

This form is full of smartie pants :lol:

Take off the negative terminal of the battery and bridge the terminal and the battery with a test light, the test light should light dim if everything is normal. If it lights bright then you have a drain. If you do have a drain have a friend pull the fuses one at a time until you pull the fuse that makes the light light back dim. That is the circuit that the drain is contained in. Get a schematic for that circuit and have fun!!!!!!!!
BUN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts