·
Registered
825 Posts
what advice do you need ?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm starting to hear a "whining" noise from my rear right what could it be? And bank two sensor 2 o2 sensor needs to be replaced it looks somewhat complicated but not impossible

·
Registered
825 Posts
hmm........a whining noise from your rear passenger side , not so sure about that , as for the o2 sensors its not that bad of an issue , are you positive its your sensors that need replacing , check the code your CEL is giving you ?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
that whining could be your wheel bearing. Change left and right if it is. Sometimes you can even lift that wheel off the ground and see if there is any play in the wheel, if there is even slightest play then it could be the bearing. Mine wouldnt really move but I would hear it click just a little when I played with it. I changed both my fronts and problem solved

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I did a diagnostic and 2 problems came up, o2 sensors bank2 and evap system :( I heard that you have to remove passenger seat to get to bank 2 sensor 2 o2 sensor? Yup the bearings need to be replaced thanks!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
No problem, yea the O2 sensors are easy to replace. The passenger seat comes out with 4 14mm bolts and 2 electrical clips under the seat then you just pull it out. The wire should be under the carpet through the air vent. GL

Tip: when I got my front bearings from auto zone I had to also get a seal (dont know if the rear needs one) and it didnt fit. I had to get the seal directly from the dealer and I also had to take my spindle to a shop to have them press the bearing out and the new ones in for about $20 a spindle.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Just wanted to make note, if you loosen up the front seat to access the O2 sensor wiring, make sure to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the wire harnesses because one of them is for the squibs and your air bag could go off if you simply disconnect it. Also, it's easy to loosen up the seat but you really don't have to. Just move the seat all the way forward and raise the seat the highest it will go. Then remove the small duct piece for the a/c handling and use the old sensor's wiring to fish in the new harness. Just throwing another way of replacing it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS! for advice fellas exactly what I was looking for. Can you imagine your airbag going off? That would suck

·
Registered
424 Posts
for the evap, try replacing your gas cap first

1 - 13 of 13 Posts