Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E-Shift, NA-T, Standalone
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the third or so month of owning my IS300 I put a dumb Nardi wheel on it and while I loved it, these days I'm missing my M mode buttons since I'm boosted and standaloned. I tried hooking up some ISx50 paddle shifters to the plug that goes behind the clock spring to no avail so now I'm stuck.

On this picture I figured that since the horn is on the far right on both then the downshift and upshift must be the ones on the far left.

So I essentially have it set up like this, but it's cut and soldered into the wires and the ground is hooked to the third (black) wire which should be ground.

On the test drive I took today, I put it in M Mode and tried downshifting to no dice. Upshifting didn't even make that stupid noise like it should. I'm going to try a different ground possibly and will update with future discoveries. This shouldn't be this hard haha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After looking over the wiring again, I realized that the black wire that I had used as ground was an empty pin on the steering wheel harness, so I put 2 and 2 together and tried the other pin that had the grounds going to it, lo and behold the shifters work. I need to find a better way of securing them to my column then this little project will be complete.

Also if anyone else wants to try this, here you go:

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's awesome man good job ! I honestly love tinkering with this car and now that I'm pretty comfortable at soldering this may be something I try at some point. Question is if I have the stock steering wheel and want to hook up the IS-F paddles would I just follow the lines that go to the shifters in the steering wheel, disconnect and solder onto the new paddles then just find a way to secure them to the wheel? Or is there more to it then that ? Obviously would follow your instructions to connect the other wires that you listed in the picture and I'm fairly confident the answer is yes but want to make sure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's awesome man good job ! I honestly love tinkering with this car and now that I'm pretty comfortable at soldering this may be something I try at some point. Question is if I have the stock steering wheel and want to hook up the IS-F paddles would I just follow the lines that go to the shifters in the steering wheel, disconnect and solder onto the new paddles then just find a way to secure them to the wheel? Or is there more to it then that ? Obviously would follow your instructions to connect the other wires that you listed in the picture and I'm fairly confident the answer is yes but want to make sure.
Actually, someone made a thread on that but the wiring they used was using the stock paddles, so it was slightly different for me. I think if you Google "is300 paddle shifters" it should show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts