Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if their are any meets in Columbus,Ohio? I am a Newbie if you cant tell, and I cant find anyone in Columbus that I have seen with a modded Lex. I do not have a IS but I do have a 98 gs spectra blue. I have been to ClubLEXUS and it appears I am the only one from Columbus,Ohio. Mods so far are l-tuned skirts,tte front lip,18 l-tuned wheels, cross drilled dimple slotted rotors ebc pads,l-tuned steering ecu,debadged anus. I am hoping their is some kind of meet sometime in the spring or summer.

I previously had a 02 tl type S and tryed to get and ACURA meet but their again their was no one in Columbus,Ohio . I guess the only meets are for the honda civic crowd. Dont want to ramble but I am a big Lexus/Acura fan. I am defintely looking forward to seeing some modded IS . I would of bought one but it was a little to small for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,684 Posts
There were two relatively large IS300 meets in Columbus last year, both held in the Easton area.

The next meet in Columbus this spring is in the planning stages right now. Keep checking this forum for the the "Ohio and Surrounding State meet." The post should go up sometime in early Feb. :D
 

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
acnup00tl said:
I was just curious if their are any meets in Columbus,Ohio? I am a Newbie if you cant tell, and I cant find anyone in Columbus that I have seen with a modded Lex. I do not have a IS but I do have a 98 gs spectra blue. I have been to ClubLEXUS and it appears I am the only one from Columbus,Ohio. Mods so far are l-tuned skirts,tte front lip,18 l-tuned wheels, cross drilled dimple slotted rotors ebc pads,l-tuned steering ecu,debadged anus. I am hoping their is some kind of meet sometime in the spring or summer.

I previously had a 02 tl type S and tryed to get and ACURA meet but their again their was no one in Columbus,Ohio . I guess the only meets are for the honda civic crowd. Dont want to ramble but I am a big Lexus/Acura fan. I am defintely looking forward to seeing some modded IS . I would of bought one but it was a little to small for me.

Patience, grasshopper...patience. It will all be revealed when the time is appropriate. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
jtran said:
Columbus native here.....natty, phillz, any idea where the meet is gonna be at in columbus?...
I'm guessing the same parking lot and/or garage, depending on weather conditions. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NattySlide said:
tsc said:
I'm guessing the same parking lot and/or garage, depending on weather conditions. :)

You may be guessing wrong... :crazy:

Is it at the Lexus dealership,or close proximity. I washed my car on Saturday next to Curtis Keaton of the New orleans Saints . He has a black gs400. He was a pretty cool guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,684 Posts
LXS4Ross said:
acnup00tl said:
NattySlide said:
tsc said:
I'm guessing the same parking lot and/or garage, depending on weather conditions. :)

You may be guessing wrong... :crazy:

Is it at the Lexus dealership,or close proximity.
Dockside Dolls 8)
Haha! I know what Ross has on his mind right now! If we have it there, I know Poop will come with or without his IS... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this nothing but a Lex meet? Are other car brands welcome. I know their is alot of beef between Acura/lex owners. I dont want to invite a few of my friends if their gonna get bagged on . I have respect for pretty much any car that is modded tastefully :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,684 Posts
No, this isn't just a Lexus meet...You and your friends are more than welcome to come.

No one will crack on anyone's car, so don't worry about that. We all just want to have fun, and it doesn't matter what kind of car you drive.
 

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
acnup00tl said:
I have respect for pretty much any car that is modded tastefully :D
I can say that most of us feel the same way you do. That is why I am gonna say that if you want to invite other people its cool. Just as long as they are respectful to everyone elses property and act mature, I have dont have a problem with it.

But if they start pushing shopping carts around a parking lot with their car...I am gonna get pissed! :pissed: (Dont worry it is an inside joke from the last meet).

Everyone else can voice their opinions too, because this is an interesting question. I just feel other cars (tastefully modded aka no APC) would be something new and different...keep things interesting for those of us that have been to all three meets.


BTW fairuza, you plannin on going to Carlisle? There is some talk of a few of us going out there for the show...that is more in your neck of the woods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
I will be entering at Carlisle if I get the money for the turbo in time. The Defcon Motorsports Supra should be there as well as our turbo H22 Accord if all goes as planned. If any of you guys would like to travel with us, we should get something set up. We went through the tunnels on the PA turnpike outside of Carlisle at around midnight last year. There was no one on the road but us at that time. I have some video of our 5 deep 140mph pass through the tunnels. It was pretty sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
823 Posts
bpointer said:
I will be entering at Carlisle if I get the money for the turbo in time. The Defcon Motorsports Supra should be there as well as our turbo H22 Accord if all goes as planned. If any of you guys would like to travel with us, we should get something set up. We went through the tunnels on the PA turnpike outside of Carlisle at around midnight last year. There was no one on the road but us at that time. I have some video of our 5 deep 140mph pass through the tunnels. It was pretty sweet.
Oh man, I love those tunnels, I drove through them a lot, but never in the IS.. always in rentals. :)

We definately need to get a caravan of people from Ohio going to Carlisle.

Hell, everyone should come, you don't have to have your car judged, there's two different sections. One for judging, one for more casual environment without judges.

bpointer: I wanna see that video! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,684 Posts
I am certainly going to Carlisle, and will probably even show. I for one will DEFINATELY be down for a caravan.

C'mon .NET Ohio! Let's represent!
 

·
Oompa-Loompa of Science
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
I hate to be the pessimest, but...

Getting a caravan together from different ends of the state would be kinda hard logistically.


But I think .Net will definitely be representing there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,693 Posts
bpointer said:
Not if we all meet in Pittsburg or something.
I have not been to a meet yet. Just getting my car probably has something to do with it. I live by Pittsburgh... when is Carlisle?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top