Lexus IS Forum banner

Colorado

191K views 3K replies 73 participants last post by  3rdelement 
#1 ·
Any IS owners in Aurora? Seems like IS are kinda rare around here hardly ever see them around (probably cause there soo bad in the snow). Just thought id be cool to see more CO members :)

#155 ·
Cool to see a crew forming again. Wish I could have made it. Love the parking garage pics :approve:

#160 ·
Those are some nice pics bro. Especially the one with the lights on. Nice Camera...

Definately a good ride around Lookout Mountain, a couple of times I thought I might be headed right through a guard-rail and flyin down the mountain.

Anyhow, we all out'a get together again, and see if we can round up some more folks.

Later,

- Steve
Heh yeah that was a really fun drive :) Next time we'll have to do more driving and less picture-taking ;)

PS - get some sticky summer tires!

#163 ·
yeah it was me, I was thinking of the Megan Racing Headers. but open for some others as well. Megan has kinda sparked in my view really and have the best reviews so far that i have seen. but just checked their site and they only have the IS250 now ::(: i just might have to find a used one or call them to make them for me or whatever ya know.

#164 · (Edited)
Headers

The two Headers I was looking at were the Pro-1, and Mazzuri.

Pro-1's you can get right from Lextasy.com, for $300. And are exactly the same as the Toyomoto Headers, IS300 Pro-1 Headers & Race PIPE

or even better the Mazzurri Headers, roughly $600 which I've heard are a bit tougher to install, but much better gains in HP.
Welcome | Mazzuri Super - custom mandrel bends,mandrel bends,stainless steel bends,45,90,180,120,15,u-bends,u-j bends :: IS300 Mazzuri Super Header and Ypipe system.

Both headers require a new O2 Sim, roughly $76.00

Hit me up with any other suggestions. I'd love to install these with someone else

#165 ·
did research on both headers, the pro-1 will put your check engine light on. check the lextasy forums! the other, i don't like their welds at all. too messy! i like their performance that they get out but i won't trust it. i dont wanna trash my engine.

#166 ·
Eh, you won't trash anything. I have run them since 2001 even with teh extreme temps of the SC, never had a weld fail or a leak. The only keak I had was from a trashed exhasut gast to the b-pipe.. I get CE's twice year during the season changes or severe temp swings for the catalyst operating under efficiency. I clear it via my scan tool (which can now be had for a mere $30.) Also, there is not a difference on this front between the 2, this is an 02 sim factor.

I gained about 12RWHP and the low end loss is not signifcant on the auto since my shifts fall into the 2500-3K range anyway. But...I will say if you can, go mazzuri. It is a better designed system with proper O2 placement. Just my 0.02. But Daniel builds to order, so GB's are probably not realy an option. I had asked him if he would sell a weld-up kit for me...he has been too darn busy for that I think.

Fig

#167 ·
The Mazzuri Headers are hands down the best aftermarket headers for this car. I haven't seen or heard anyone complain about the results. The biggest bitch about replacing the headers is removing the O2 sensors, which I've heard are very tough to remove, since Lexus doesn't Anit-Seeze any of the bolts. There is a good chance you'll end up destroying the O2 sensor if you're not very careful. Anyhow, if you have any other ideas on headers, please keep me informed, I'm more than open to other vendors.

- Steve

#169 ·
New ISer

Hey all -- I finally bought my first IS on Monday. Thought I would say hello to the Colorado Crew!

Mine is a 2002 5spd with LSD and factory Nav in Graphite Pearl Grey. High mileage but in great shape (plus I am not too worried about mileage -- I have much faith in Toyota motors). I will get some pictures up somewhere soon...

So when is the next meet / drive?!

#171 ·
Hey all -- I finally bought my first IS on Monday. Thought I would say hello to the Colorado Crew!

Mine is a 2002 5spd with LSD and factory Nav in Graphite Pearl Grey. High mileage but in great shape (plus I am not too worried about mileage -- I have much faith in Toyota motors). I will get some pictures up somewhere soon...

So when is the next meet / drive?!
Welcome! We shd def have another meet soon :)

#173 ·
I am always free on Sundays. But I work 1pm - Midnight on Saturdays, so those are out. I would be down for a nice Sunday afternoon cruise

#174 · (Edited)
Welcome Stark!

It's always nice to meet a fellow IS enthusiast who lives here in Colorado...

Word of advice on your new ride. I know you said she has a bunch of miles on her, which is fine, my last Lexus I just sold went over 150K Miles without skip. But I'd imagine the previous owner didn't baby her like she deserves.

I'd run BG's 44k through your car ASAP since it's probably got a bunch of deposits throughout the fuel system.

It's the best fuel system cleaner on the market and could save you some early headaches, with the benefits of improved performance. Go to Advanced Auto to pick up a can...

Anyhow, great purchase and I look forward to another IS meet soon.

- Steve

PS: Next Sunday would work out perfectly for me, so if anyone else is interested in getting a Meet together I'm up for it. Just installed K&N's FIPK and can't wait to see how it competes with the stock.

#175 ·
i am up for next sunday. i always have sat and sun off. its soo nice. and welcome stark. you will find all of us are crazy about are cars. we put money if we can into them. co has a ton of places where we can drive. mountains are perfectomundo!

#176 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I actually flushed the coolant, ran Mac's oil flush and changed the oil, and ran a bottle of Chevron's Techron fuel system cleaner through the tank right after I picked her up. Thanks for the heads up on 44K though, I will give it a try at the next oil change (I usually run injector cleaner and rotate the tires every time I change the oil).

Are you guys talking Sunday, Aug 5th? If so I am in. Tomorrow is my Son's 5th Birthday party...

Well I am glad I found this forum, can't wait to get together!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.