41 - 60 of 2545 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
^^ that would be sweet. we should get a meet going on in d-town. lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
I moved to CO from MN about a year ago. I have a Solar Yellow IS300 with a custom full 3" exhaust and a turbo kit sitting in my garage. I am looking for someone in town to install it as I do not trust myself or any of the shops I have found around here... any suggestions? Also, where is a good place to buy wheels? I had some Limited Edition Volk LE37's on my car this winter and they got demolished so I am looking to replace them, probably with som Time Attack C28N's... are there any good local shops that can get Volks? Any info would be very helpful and much appreciated!

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is for Crazy Mikey... you may want to contact Ohio Generators at Home in order to get an upgraded alternator for your car if you are still looking. I used to run a competition system in my old car and they designed the alternator for it. I believe they already have a model for the IS300 so you wont need to pay the custom price to have one made for you. Many pro and pro comp car audio systems use Ohio alternators so I highly suggest you give them a call. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im here in thornton, currently driving a Saturn Aura since I was rear ended a couple weeks ago on i-25. Last quote I heard was 17-20 days for repair work so I'm definitely up for anything once I get my is300 back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I moved to CO from MN about a year ago. I have a Solar Yellow IS300 with a custom full 3" exhaust and a turbo kit sitting in my garage. I am looking for someone in town to install it as I do not trust myself or any of the shops I have found around here... any suggestions? Also, where is a good place to buy wheels? I had some Limited Edition Volk LE37's on my car this winter and they got demolished so I am looking to replace them, probably with som Time Attack C28N's... are there any good local shops that can get Volks? Any info would be very helpful and much appreciated!
What kind of turbo kit? and where are you located?

·
Registered
854 Posts
This is for Crazy Mikey... you may want to contact Ohio Generators at Home in order to get an upgraded alternator for your car if you are still looking. I used to run a competition system in my old car and they designed the alternator for it. I believe they already have a model for the IS300 so you wont need to pay the custom price to have one made for you. Many pro and pro comp car audio systems use Ohio alternators so I highly suggest you give them a call. :)
hey thank a lot. that is a big help. no one rewinds these alternators.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What kind of turbo kit? and where are you located?
I pieced together a turbo kit with the help of a local shop in MN where I used to live. I recently found a shop that I feel confident will be able to install and tune it properly so it goes in on 5/7/07 to begin the install. I live in Lakewood around Kipling and Alameda. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I pieced together a turbo kit with the help of a local shop in MN where I used to live. I recently found a shop that I feel confident will be able to install and tune it properly so it goes in on 5/7/07 to begin the install. I live in Lakewood around Kipling and Alameda. :)
What shop did you decide on? What type of engine management?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Any of you interested in some oem wheels? I have a set sitting in my garage that i am willing to let go for cheap. All four have some normal road rash and 1 is a little bent but im pretty sure it can be repaired. They would be good for your winter snow tires, or i would be willing to sell them seperatly to be used as spare wheels. Let me know.
-Miguel

·
Registered
207 Posts
What shop did you decide on? What type of engine management?
I took it to Racing Trendz in Denver. I will be using the E-Manage for a while until I decide to go for more than 6-8 psi. If I decide on going ahead with my plans to swap in the tt bottom end then I will probably go with the AEM as I have wanted one of them since before they came out lol.

·
Registered
854 Posts
has anyone elese noticed in denver-south, there are a crap load of IS's out there. I have seen about 6 different ones once the snow cleared. anyone on here from denver-south?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey everybody, just picked up my IS last Saturday and lookin forward to seein some more folks out here. Anybody around the Westminster/ Broomfield area?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
has anyone elese noticed in denver-south, there are a crap load of IS's out there. I have seen about 6 different ones once the snow cleared. anyone on here from denver-south?
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm in the tech center, and I see them all over the place. I'm not in mine a ton, because I need to do a little more work, but I take it out every once in awhile.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm in the tech center, and I see them all over the place. I'm not in mine a ton, because I need to do a little more work, but I take it out every once in awhile.

i think i saw you once... i was racing you on bellview or arapahoe... trying to see how could "out do" who. you have a stock IS right?

if anyone is in the DTC area, meet up and do lunch? get something together for a CO meet

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
i think i saw you once... i was racing you on bellview or arapahoe... trying to see how could "out do" who. you have a stock IS right?

if anyone is in the DTC area, meet up and do lunch? get something together for a CO meet
I believe he has a black Turbocharged IS with stock body and rims if im not mistaken. You live around the DTC too Mikey? I work just off I-25 and Arapahoe.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I believe he has a black Turbocharged IS with stock body and rims if im not mistaken. You live around the DTC too Mikey? I work just off I-25 and Arapahoe.
yeah it was you!!! i am not turbo'd tho... it sounds like i do hehe. i live off of colorado and county line. i do a lot of my travels on arapahoe. its all good ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Possible sighting last night. Black onyx with AAC DDE kit. Think it was a bit louder than stock, but couldn't really tell. Got to chat with you for a few seconds. This was around 1:30AM heading east on 120th near Sheridan. Anyone on here ? If so it was nice to meet you :)

41 - 60 of 2545 Posts