Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2545 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zeus in Thornton

Hey there guys. New to the board and a proud IS owner. 03 sport design, thundercloud grey. If anyone doesn't care about trunk space, I have a custom custom slot port box available for 2 JL12w3v2 subs. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
854 Posts
the read one... i know where they live! they used to be my old neighbors. they bought it that way and don't care all that much. boo :*( i keep seeing a white one on parker, looks like no word that they are on here. the other day, i was driving and another is was fighting for my lane and both speeding.. then i had to turn. haha

Mikey

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey im here in highlands ranch and used to lived in parker a while back. notorious my buddy used to own the car that you have bought :) ive saw you driving on lincoln near yosemite a time or 2. i have the graphite grey one with the d-speed body kit and r-spec fender flares, custom painted dual vented cf hood and so on.

www.cardomain.com/id/sweetlexis300

·
Registered
854 Posts
yeah i know that graphite/grey one.. i have seen it go all over in HR. hit me up foo-s i'll drive witch ya

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I've seen a couple IS' around the Meridian park. One was yellow--sounded like it had header/exhaust at least. Otherwise I haven't seen too many modded ones. Any of you all hit up the Denver Auto Show?

·
Registered
854 Posts
hmmm never heard of the club. i am also in parker as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
damn... sure enough i trade in my IS and all of a sudden more of you start popping up... I miss my car.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Damn, that does suck, its hard to get the full group together, but i bet we will be having a good drive this summer... This weather has been pure crap until recently.

·
Registered
854 Posts
yeah...

yea true that... unless if you are talking about today... kinda droogy!

·
Registered
854 Posts
lame.... when it is nice... it is soo nice to have ya know...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey all, just got an 02. Always heard they weren't that bad in the snow but it sounds like this past winter gave the IS some trouble. Do any of you have traction control, snow tires? Guess it's time to do some serious searching for knowledge on here + the net.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good stuff, thanks for the link! Mine came with Blizzak Revo 1's, 225/40r...which sucks I guess since they're not studded. Still beats "all-season" when the time comes. I've got a 5spd, TCS and the 'snow' button, which at first was told it was only on autos to start out in 2nd gear versus me finding out it lowers the throttle response. I also was told I might want to turn TCS off or else I'd go no where in snow. Can't wait for the snow next year, if we're done already?

I also have a box for sale like another mentioned, custom ported box meant for single JL W6 (before V3 as the magnet is too deep)...would hit the higher spectrum bass great with a W6 but not a W3V3. I've got to get a new deck as mine has what I've found to be a common problem; the 6-disc changer error message.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Have any of you seen a boosted IS in Aurora? My friend called me on Sunday morning around 2AM said he saw a dark blue turbocharged IS... hopefully the owner lives around here so i can check it out sometime.:)

·
Registered
854 Posts
nope... i haven't seen any around at all. it is still too early for them really. gravel and junk on the roads. i wouldn't want my supercharged/turbo'd IS out on the road with tons of gravel.

It is rare to find them out here. Once I start getting paid more and more, I will Turbo it with: Turbo

It shall be nice but everything costs $$.lol

we should all meet up sometime and just show off what each person as installed and stuff. curious to see what other peeps have done to their IS

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I have a Turbo IS (TE S1 with 440 injectors and Emanage), but the car isn't in great shape. I've got random body dings and scratches--and I'm still on a piggyback, so it's not where I want it to be. The next add-on will be a 3-inch exhaust w/ some hi-flow cats so I can get some CO tags for it--then I'll finally be gettin in touch with Nigel on an AEM.

21 - 40 of 2545 Posts