Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just curious if i could get some tips about the weather or area during this time of month...I might be taking a road trip in the IS through most of I-25 to Denver next weekend of Oct 24th (weather permitting)...just curious if i should take any precautions incase weather does get bad while i'm on my way there.

Forecast prediction for next week looks okay so far, but i'd like to hear what the locals say about the weather lately. I'm keeping an eye out on weather to see which route I should take, eitherthe TX>NM>CO route or the TX>OK>KS>CO route, I'm still not sure.

I know for a fact that I-25 goes through elevation changes when passing through southern Colorado, but its been a while since I've driven through Colorado roads.

I have Goodyear Eagle GT all season tires so i think I should be okay as long as there isn't any snow right? :suspiciou

Thanks guys

- N -

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you have decent tread on your tires you shouldn't worry. traction control is a plus. couldn't tell you much about I-25 south of the metro area but it's definitely better than driving east/west on I-70 through the rockies. these might help you:
9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Weather Network
more so:
9NEWS.com | 9NEWS Weather Network | Forecast

or for a longer but imo less-accurate forecast:
Denver Weather, Denver, Colorado Weather Report & Local Forecast - KMGH Denver's Channel 7
try the southwest and southeast buttons for those regions.

the weather can change around here as most Coloradoans will tell you but nothing dramatic (minus the elevation). as long as it's above 40-50 degrees and no major front with precipitation moves in you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. I will indeed probably be going through Raton and Trinidad and up I-25. If weather doesn't look so good on the day prior to departure, then I might have to go north through oklahoma and kansas.

I'll be keeping an eye on the weather and hope all is well...*crosses fingers*

+rep to you guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts