Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'd like to say congratulations to all you college graduates out there. My ceremony is tomorrow (finally!)

I plan to make the IS 300 my first car and ran across this bit of financing information some of y'all may be interested in:

COLLEGE GRADUATE FINANCE PROGRAM

There's nothing quite like your first new car. It's one of those important milestones you'll remember the rest of your life, just like graduation.

The College Graduate Finance Program* offers college graduates the opportunity to purchase a new Lexus automobile and enjoy the Lexus experience early in their careers. There is no down payment, and a deferral of up to 90 days on the first payment on the purchase of a vehicle. Finance charges accrue from the contract date, and the total amount financed cannot be more than the MSRP plus the cost of dealer-installed options, tax, and license fees.

We've made it easy to qualify for the College Graduate Finance Program by setting only four conditions:

*Graduate, within the next six months, from an accredited four-year college, university, or registered nursing degree program; graduate from an accredited two-year college; or be enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program. In all cases, you have one year from receipt of your degree to take advantage of the program.

*Acquire a verifiable job offer that will begin within 120 days of your purchase, with a salary which LFS deems sufficient to cover ordinary living expenses and vehicle payments.

*Show proof of insurability.

*Have no adverse credit history using LFS' credit standards.

·
Registered
424 Posts
SpectraBlueIS300, congrats !

That's sound good. Though not knowing the details, at least it opens the road to getting a Lexus for some new graduates. It's good marketing stategy from Lexus to capture younger people.

I wish we had this Lexus program in Canada when I graduated.

AndyL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Spectra Blue!
I just graduated too! UC Berkeley! My graduation was this past Monday. Congrats to you too, man.

Where'd you find this program? Is it somewhere on the Lexus website or off some brochure you got at the dealership? Tell me. PLEASE! Sounds like something I can use!

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I've got roughly 3 years left (5 year route).

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got my Jetta through Volkswagen's Graduate Program. I graduated last year. It really helped me a lot because I didn't need any credit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts