Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks as if one of my favorite groups will have a small tour these next few months. I hope some of you out there have had the pleasure to discover the great music these guys make and will check out their show which may come to a city near you. I made a list of the cities they'll be in (below).

Wed, 12/11/02
7:00 pm WBCN Xmas Rave with Coldplay and OK Go Orpheum Theatre
Boston, MA

Tue, 01/21/03
8:00 pm Coldplay Hard Rock Live Orlando
Orlando, FL

Wed, 01/22/03
8:00 pm Coldplay University of Miami Convocation Center
Coral Gables, FL

Fri, 01/24/03
8:00 pm Coldplay BJCC Concert Hall
Birmingham, AL

Sat, 01/25/03
8:00 pm Coldplay Grady Cole
Charlotte, NC

Mon, 01/27/03
7:30 pm Coldplay Saenger Theatre In New Orleans
New Orleans, LA

Tue, 01/28/03
8:00 pm Coldplay Verizon Wireless Theater
Houston, TX

Fri, 01/31/03
8:00 pm Coldplay Nextstage
Grand Prairie, TX

Mon, 02/03/03
7:30 pm Coldplay Savvis Center
St Louis, MO

Tue, 02/04/03
7:30 pm Coldplay Memorial Hall
Kansas City, KS

Thu, 02/06/03
7:30 pm Coldplay Fillmore Auditorium
Denver, CO

Sun, 02/09/03
7:30 pm Coldplay Dodge Theatre
Phoenix, AZ

If you'll be at the Miami show lemme know maybe we could all meet up, it should be a great concert from what I've seen on TV.

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
yeah they are playing the xmas rave - that is an outstanding concert series and I wouldn't have minded seeing them myself

but we're on a budget now :(

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You only live once, and think of it this way... how often do they make it over here to the states...not often. Try and get the tix from a friend for X-mas.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thedon said:
They spun a weeeeebbbbbbb for me
8)

I really enjoyed the $2bill concert on MTV and the Much Music concert they did also. This latest album is another masterpiece. It's not all the time I find an album where all the tracks are good, and both of their albums are like that for me. I CAN"T WAIT. I received my tix in the mail today so it reminded me to let you all know.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
F(#%#($ bastards arent coming to chicago!!!!!!

how can they go to AL, KS, and NC and not chicago.........makes no sense

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mccarlin said:
F(#%#($ bastards arent coming to chicago!!!!!!

how can they go to AL, KS, and NC and not chicago.........makes no sense
That does suck, I'm just happy they came back to Miami. It's hard enough to get smaller acts here because of the lack of any real music scene here besides Latin bands. They were here awhile back from the first album, but I was not into them at the time, oh how I regret that. Most times places like Chicago and the like get these shows. I was gonna fly upto Atlanta awhile back to see AIR (French Band) in concert because once again they were not playing in Miami. So, fly your butt down here man and then you can meet all of us Miami .netters! ;) Hey, maybe you know who will join you.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a reminder to anyone who may have previously missed this post and likes Coldplay. The Miami concert is Wed., FINALLY!

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ATLDave said:
Coldplay wishes they were Radiohead.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but, I was watching an interview with Coldplay in alimo a long time ago and they said they are friends with Radiohead and that Coldplay was the original name of Radiohead. They figured since "Radiohead" wasn't using it anymore they asked dude from Radiohead if they could use the name for their group. Now that may have been a joke on Coldplays part, but he looked serius in the interview and it didn't seem to me as a joke. hmmmm....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
jiggafett said:
ATLDave said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but, I was watching an interview with Coldplay in alimo a long time ago and they said they are friends with Radiohead and that Coldplay was the original name of Radiohead. They figured since "Radiohead" wasn't using it anymore they asked dude from Radiohead if they could use the name for their group. Now that may have been a joke on Coldplays part, but he looked serius in the interview and it didn't seem to me as a joke. hmmmm....
Radiohead was originally "On A Friday" and then changed to Radiohead) from the Talking Heads song Radio Head.

I'm sure they were just trying to make a funny out of the fact that everyone compares them to Radiohead.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I can't think of any worse analogy than saying Coldplay is like Radiohead. Other than being European, their musical styles differ immensely.....

ATLDave... never been to the Gwinett Center, is it cool?

·
Registered
577 Posts
ATLDave said:
hahahahaha...........how true, a bunch of my buddies like them and i have always said that they sound like a weak radiohead.

·
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ATLDave said:
jiggafett said:
ATLDave said:
Radiohead was originally "On A Friday" and then changed to Radiohead) from the Talking Heads song Radio Head.

I'm sure they were just trying to make a funny out of the fact that everyone compares them to Radiohead.
Interesting..thanks!

I agree with you kinddog, I can't see the comparison. I look at the two groups in an extremely different way. Coldplay (Love) and Radiohead (Drugs...lotsa drugs!) LOL! hahaha! :chill:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts