Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People in NY don't have the best hygine and you're bound to get sick when you're commuting w/ thousands of people. I've been sick for the past week or so. What's the best cold medicine? I've taken DayQuil for four days and it's not doing sh#t.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for your suggestions. No matter what you say I still love my girlfriend and I'm going to marry her.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
PMDiddly, I suggest Sudafed for sinuses/congestion and if your throat gets swolen you can take aspirin or ibuprofen to calm it down. Other than that, drink some green tea and take it easy, your body needs the energy to fight off the cold.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Just get a lot of rest, drink A LOT of fluid, and take some Zinc.... To supress the symptoms take Theraflu or nyquil at night ... I don't like daytime cold medicine. You're right, they don't do shit

·
Commander In Beef
25,546 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
tough it out you p***y.
:lol: :lol:

ColdEze is supposed to help out in preventing the cold from becoming worse, but if you've had it for 2 weeks already, then you can probably forget about it.
Mad rest dude. And drink your head off (water, that is). That's about as good as I can do. Make sure you don't have some kind of bacterial infection that might require antibiotics....viral infections usually subdue by themselves.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
PMD, if you start to get upper/lower chest repiratory issues (coughing stuff up for more than 2 days) I'd suggest you hit the doctor asap to get some antibiotic stuff. More than likely it'll develop into bronchitis.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
PMD.... Take Nyquil b4 u go to sleep... dayquil doesnt do shit... Take the green Nyquil 2 shots of it when u go to sleep ull feel great in the morning... Trust me, anytime i get sick, i take 2 shots for green nyquil... u got take the Liquid not the pill. The Pill doesnt do shit.

Carry on.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
invite your friends jack daniels and johnny walker and tell them to bring the nyquil. it'll knock you out, but you wake up one week later, you'll feel like a new person. also, the hygien in the subways is shiet. carry around a bottle of purel (hand sanitizer). you risk being called a p***y anyway, so a little hand sanitizer shouldn't make much of a difference.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked up some Sudafed Nasal Decongestant and it's starting to kick in. So far so good. I'll keep you informed on the progress. I'll take a combination of NyQuil and TheraFlu tonight w/ some Johnnie Walker. If you don't hear from me, please call 911.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
PMD911 said:
I picked up some Sudafed Nasal Decongestant and it's starting to kick in. So far so good. I'll keep you informed on the progress. I'll take a combination of NyQuil and TheraFlu tonight w/ some Johnnie Walker. If you don't hear from me, please call 911.
Yes Sir, i will be on that just in case... 911 on speed dial.

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Try a big rubber dildo in the ass. If it don't clear up the sinuses, at least you can say "Hey everybody...look at me...I have a big rubber dildo sticking out of my ass..."

Hell...it worked for IS300er...

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
When I have a really, really bad cold and have to be vertical I found a cocktail that works for me.

1. Advil - takes care of fever / aches

2. Decongestant - can't remember what I take, but it's a blue pill and keeps the nose from running for 12 hours.

3. Generic Ephedrine - based diet pill. Similar to sudafed but with more wake you up power. You may need another in about 4 hours to keep from crashing.

I'm not guarateeing this is safe or healthy, but it seems to work for me.

Also, it's similar to my hangover formula : Advil, Ephedrine, Gingko (sp?)Biloba, Kava Kava.

-Justin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
22 Participants
fugazi787
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing