Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Brand new Max Cold Air Intake System BY AMS
It features one of the best cold air intake system on the market right now.
This system has been dyno proven to produce maximum horse power and torque which stops sucking hot air from the high heat engine compartment and allows the maxium cold air to enter through the
stock manifold system.
"

This text was copied from an eBay item. Does anyone have any experience with these and if so, do they really add the HP and Torque being advertised ( 5-15HP and similar for the increase in torque )???

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
hey jimbo, how about a link, so that we can all see the entire ad, and give an informed opinion?

Jimbo715 said:
"Brand new Max Cold Air Intake System BY AMS
It features one of the best cold air intake system on the market right now.
This system has been dyno proven to produce maximum horse power and torque which stops sucking hot air from the high heat engine compartment and allows the maxium cold air to enter through the
stock manifold system.
"

This text was copied from an eBay item. Does anyone have any experience with these and if so, do they really add the HP and Torque being advertised ( 5-15HP and similar for the increase in torque )???

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i wouldn't buy it, just on the sheer fact that they say it is cold air, and that it isn't, thats a flat out lie.

it also uses an extremely cheap filter, which will most likely start to fall apart once the engine heat melts the glue that is used to hold it together.

-gte

Jimbo715 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873925244

Here is the link.. Thanks for any input..

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
IS300GTE said:
i wouldn't buy it, just on the sheer fact that they say it is cold air, and that it isn't, thats a flat out lie.

it also uses an extremely cheap filter, which will most likely start to fall apart once the engine heat melts the glue that is used to hold it together.

-gte

Jimbo715 said:

I agree...

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Crapola. The say cold air, but its not, it doesnt even come with a heatshield. They should have said hot air intake.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
IS300GTE said:

-gte

Jimbo715 said:

I agree...

Crap I say

Crap :chill:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
however:
for $50 you do get a polished pipe and the fittings. if you weren't able to come up with the dough for even a modest brand name intake... then buy this one and pick up a k&n filter cone at your local tuner shop.
pretty reasonable to expect the check engine light to come on, but that happens even with higher priced intakes (aem)... it may be good more for sound than performance. but then, almost anything may be better than the stock restrictive airbox.
why don't you be a hero:
go dyno your car for a baseline, buy the piping from e-bay (but don't use the crap filter cone, put on at least an hks or k&n filter cone) and re-dyno the car!!
then come post your results 8)

tada, everybody loves you, you marry a supermodel, and your car is placed in the peterson automotive museum, and the hardrock cafe wants your elementary school marching band recorder for display!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mention a modest brand name for the intake. I am not sold on the low budget deal via eBay, I just happen to see it on eBay. Tell me the brand to get and about how much to expect to pay..

Thanks,
Jimbo

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
YodaIsGod said:
it's hard to believe anything on the internet these days.
*looks at sig*
oh please tell me that wasn't directed towards me?...
http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet_pics/parade2000/parade2000-3.htm

my 944 is the khalaharie beige at the bottom of these photos... taken at the national porsche parade. she has 60,000 miles on her when these photos were taken, not bad for a 15 year old car. won second place in the concourse. first went to a red 944 flown in from new york.

i have more photos if you'd like to see them or if you are into porsches. unless you were just being skeptical and sarcastic.
trust me, my sig is accurate, annd i'm proud of each vehicle in it!
8)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
:oops:
sorry for jumping on you...
i am convinced that a lot of what i hear on this board is fiction, so i get a little trigger happy when someone, i think, accuses me of dishonesty.

my bad dude!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
MSM MT IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing