Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
there is no CAI for the is300 as far as i know and yes, if u put any type of intake in ur is300, it will most likely void the factory warranty. hp gains really depend on the setup. just intake wouldnt really make enough hp for u to notice anything. i suggest look at the safc and a nice exhaust as well as the intake all together to feel some noticable gains.

hope it helped. :chill:

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
^^ you're 1/2 right...

Yes, there is NO Cold Air Intake for the IS300, unless you custom make one.

No, an Intake will NOT void your warranty unless your dealer/service center whoever, can prove that the intake was the cause of whatever failed.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
The stock intake is a cold air intake! Don't know why you guys are so obsessed with locating the cone filter in the fenderwell. :-?

Reactions: Tyler TwoJay

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
The stock intake is a cold air intake! Don't know why you guys are so obsessed with locating the cone filter in the fenderwell. :-?
I think it's cuz a lot of people who are into the IS300 came from the Honda crowd...and AEM and Injen Cold Air Intakes are the best air induction systems for those cars....so they might think it's the same for the IS as well? :-?

·
Registered
457 Posts
COLD AIR INTAKE :lol:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
a good intake that a lot of dealers have no problem with what-so-ever... would be the PLP Silent Flow... similar to the old Joe-Z, but that's not made anymore.

Keeps the airbox in tact. I use one right. A very good deal for the HP. See if you can find one used on the Member Buy/Sell forum.

+9hp according to PLP and you can usually find them for around $130-150 used here.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you dont want to loose any bottom end you should definately stay with the stock box and either get a plp or the a51 .. or just a drop in filter and you would propably be better off. I have a few friends one with aem and another with custom pipe and bluts sus filter, and both loose to me on the drag. their cars barely start moving and mine is already gone. (all are auto btw).. soo i really woudnt bother and i would rather get something else.. why not add a bit and get a header and that would definately get you more HP and TQ !

·
Registered
26 Posts
But I have a custom CAI, completely custom piping on my stock IS. At first I lost bottom end, but gained after 4000 rpm, but after I installed the SAFC, which was yesterday, my car had gains across the whole rpm range, very noticeable gains. 4th gear on highway or 2nd gear at 2500 rpm, you can tell the difference. Wait till I get my cat back exhaust, n b pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.