Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: I just read the very informative thread on pro's and con's of lowering. I was curious after doing some searching if people with coilovers specifically could give some provide some positive/negative feedback on their set up. I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread soley for coilovers. Info such as the amount of drop, type of coilover, ride quality, etc....... I am new to the workings of coilovers, so maybe some experts like Sacrifical or IS Dude could chime in with some newb friendly info. Thanks in advance for all contributions. :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I just installed my Tein HAs yesturday and I love them, you can ajust the hight and how stiff they are, so if you are tred of that stiff feeling you set them to the softest setting and its back to stock feeling, or you can have it so that you feel every little imperfection on the road... the bad thing... I can't really think of any besides that if you go to low, you are gonna be scratching everywhere, but thats the beauty of coilovers, so you can raise it up anytime you want.

Just be care full when taking of the front springs, becarefull of the wires there don't stretch them!!.

·
Registered
12 Posts
when your dealing with suspension you definitely want a nice ride without it being too harsh. usually, you get what you pay for. with that being said its a wise choice to go with a nice coilover setup such as teins. do it right the first time around that way you wont have to do it all over again. luckily, for IS owners coilover setups dont cost as much as other cars because of the design of the shock. :)

mike

·
Registered
436 Posts
I installed my HA about 6 months ago with some Sportivo sways. The car handling was much more responsive. You do trade off some of the comfort. I have mine set at 12/8. As soon as the EDFC goes in I think it will be much more fun to adjust on the fly.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have the jic a2's and i love them, the spring rates are excellent for daily driving, it's also accompanied by a jic front strut bar and front/rear trd braces, now i'm just waiting to get some trd sway bars
i ordered the hipermax II's before but they came damaged so i decided to get the jic's

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tein HA is worth the money.
I have it and love it.

A used set for $700. Just have to check for leaks and see if all the parts are in good condition before you purchase them. And ask how long they have the coil over for. If under 1 year you are still covered by Tein's warranty so if anything is wrong with it you can sent it back to Tein and get it fixed...
I hope this helps...

If you want a new set let me know.

is300hottie said:
So the Tein HA coilovers are worth the money?

I was thinking about buying a used set for $700.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Save for Coilovers. With the ability to adjust ride height and dampening... u just cant go wrong.

I have the HKS Hipermax LS. Great set. I do alot of driving especially in the city so I didnt need the Dampening adjustment. THe LS comes set for street comfort, but when u take a turn hard.. the LS seems to stiffen up for the added preasure.

Fuk springs and shocks... :crazy:

Plus installing coilovers are much easier than compressing spring and all that BS. I did my own install in 3 hours.

solo 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
buddha 300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing