Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a reputable spot to install coils and EDFC besides LMW? I've used LMW in the past for maintenance and since they got rid of their performance shop, I'm not sure if they have the manpower to install coils/EDFC. I called SP Engineering and the guy quoted me $450 not including alignment. Is that about right or is it too high? I'm around the Long Beach/Cerritos area.

Thanks!

PS - I did a search, and everything points to LMW or individual members (Malek). I'd be more than happy to go with Malek or another reputable member, but I need these installed next weekend and I wouldn't want to force this upon anyone if they are already booked.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Music box in El Monte.
He owns a shop and he did a lot of lexus.

His phone number and his name Tommy
626 823 2853

Give him a call and see what he can do for you.

Tell him that Nigel with a BLUE IS300 send you.
He will hook you up.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Music box in El Monte.
He owns a shop and he did a lot of lexus.

His phone number and his name Tommy
626 823 2853

Give him a call and see what he can do for you.

Tell him that Nigel with a BLUE IS300 send you.
He will hook you up.
Does he do suspension installs as well? With a name like Music Box, I would think he just did mobiletronic stuff.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I dont know of any places but I just wanted to give you the heads up that Malek wont be doing any installs till july. Ive talked to him about doing my supercharger install and he cant do it till july.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Does he do suspension installs as well? With a name like Music Box, I would think he just did mobiletronic stuff.
Of Coz he did suspension lol
otherwise, i wont recommend him.

He did a lot of tein coliover on lexus. He sells coliover as well.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
nigel - cool thanks i'll give him a call
jplexis - thanks for the heads up

EDIT - I just gave Tommy a call @ Music Box and he quoted $400 for coils/edfc install

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
nigel - cool thanks i'll give him a call
jplexis - thanks for the heads up

EDIT - I just gave Tommy a call @ Music Box and he quoted $400 for coils/edfc install
$400......hm, I am not sure what's the market value for coils/edfc.
He is very well known on clublexus and a lot of 2 Gen IS/3 Gen GS/2 Gen 3 Gen LS people go to him...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Installing coils and EDFC isn't the funnest thing in the world but damn, I'd do it for less than those quotes haha.

Hell maybe 2TGEU would do it for a much better price.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
^^^ callin me out eh? i remember the good ole days. :)when everyhting was just suspension. now you're messin with 2 EMS'.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
^^ Haha I couldn't even install an AFC back then. Wanna do this install?
haha yea those were the days indeed. I installed about 7 Safcs and you now surpass me by leaps and bounds. Funny how time flies and how many good friends you make. I am down for this install if you are. Some money for a new jack, since my old one is going to an old friend:rolleyes:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
wow i guess suspension installs have gone up.

did my own in my garage in a few hours. edfc is a bit more of a pain due to removing of panels and whatnot to run the cables.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts