Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have been doing a lot of searching and reading and am more confused now than when i started. My right rear shock went out on me so I am looking to change them all out. I have been looking at the Tein basics, the Stance coilovers, Konis, and the Billstein ProKit combo. Looking for some advice on what would be best for me. Its a daily driver and I am not looking to slam it. Maybe an inch or so drop would be good. I have 18s on it and everything suspension wise is stock at the moment. I dont want to beat the family up riding in it though so what recommendations do you guys have? Thanks a lot for the input!

Edit: forgot to say its a black 02

·
Registered
250 Posts
If your not looking to slam the car, then I recommend going with the Bilstein/prokit combo. That's from personal experience.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you decide to go coilover, i highly recommend D2 for DD. Same class as the above mentioned brands but a can be found for cheaper. I run them as a DD and i love them. Keep in mind it is an entry level coilover and are more like BASICS rather than Stance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The general feeling around these forums is that Tein Basics suck. Most people feel they are over sprung for the dampers and ride very harsh so those dont fit your description. Konis arent "soft" even on the softest settings so those might not be right for you either. Everyone seems to love the stance coilovers so if you have the money those would be great but I would say you'd be more then happy with the bilstein Prokit combo. Have you looked at the tokico illuminas? They would allow you to adjust the damper settings so you could soften them up for the family and set them a little firmer for when your on your own or want to enjoy a spirited drive.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
If your trying to keep an OE like feel/ride/noise-vibration-harshness, IMO it would be important to avoid coilovers THAT have pillow-ball mounts- they are literally sound transmitters.

This would put you in the Spring/Shock combo realm, or a coilover such as the KWs, that use the OE hats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.