Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my FLTA2's in the mail today and noticed that although it is listed as a 15 way adjust, the fronts click 20 times and the rear's click 18 times. does anyone have any light to shed on this? are there any dead clicks in there?

this isnt the first time ive dealt with this. my g/f's mk3 supra has hiperdamer I's on her car and although they are supposed to be 10 way adjust, it clicks 13 times.

TIA.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I also have the FLT-A2's

Performance wise, theyre pretty good. but i am not happy with them. I get funny sounds from the right rear of the car. We took it to Zeal, and they fixed the problem. The sounds are back. And they are getting louder.
Anyways, the way to adjust them is to tighten them all the way (click it to the right as far as it will go). then you click left 15 times, and start from that point. After clicking 15 times to the left, you will be at 0...and each click to the right is one stiffer.
hope that helped... :D

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Uhmm, you took something that is made by JIC-Magic to get it fixed at Endless/Zeal??? I am surprised that Endless/Zeal would even touch it since they don't even manufacturer it.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
On the teins you go all the way to the left untill it stops clicking, then go to the right 16 times 16 being the stiffest, it will still click after 16 but 16 is the max. So it should be the same for the JICs... i hope.

·
Registered
220 Posts
He meant Ziel Motorsports in Downey, CA. they are JIC USA. Keep taking them back until the correct the problem permanently. When is it making noise? Is it a knocking sound or is it when you hit bumps. It could be the nature of solid mounts with spherical bearings. We haven't had any problems so far with ours.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with sfv. I'm happy with the performance and spring rates, but they are quite noisy. I triple checked all my torque settings and spring preload, but the rears rattle (making a sound like the springs are loose). This happens mostly under 10mph over rough roads.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any help on this? i took off the preload on the springs, which helped the ride, however i do get a bumping noise. anything to help this out, as the noise is annoying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Exact same problem

I had the same problem as u and sfv too.
i had mine installed three weeks ago, today is about 800 miles after installation.
i had this noise problem when it was about 200 miles after installation.
Some said it might be the spring settles and i got them adjusted today. The annoying (loosing springs) noise seems like disappeared. I hope it won't happen again.

btw, the noise are also only coming from the rear right side too. not the front nor the rear left side.

Dave said:
I agree with sfv. I'm happy with the performance and spring rates, but they are quite noisy. I triple checked all my torque settings and spring preload, but the rears rattle (making a sound like the springs are loose). This happens mostly under 10mph over rough roads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Fz1Altezza
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing