Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which do you prefer?

I think they both have some sort of crack related component in the mixture. I hear of the 45 minute lines people wait in during the dead of winter in some states. Let's see which brand owns the .NET population.

This is just on COFFEE products, forget all the other uppity stuff Starbucks serves.

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
the main thing for me is this - Dunkin Donuts has a drive through - here in suburban hell it's all about the drive through.

all the Starbucks are generally outside of my main circle of activity too

AND they just put a DD inside my local grocery store - buy 6 medium coffees get one free - now I have no reason to shop anywhere else

I concur that there is crack in them - they are like super caffeinated or something - I use fresh coffee in copius amounts at home and cannot acheive that jitter that you get after one big cup of DD joe.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
There is a Starbucks everywhere you look here in Seattle. Near my work there are 3 Starbucks within a block of each other. I don't think I've seen a Dunkin Donuts here. We also have Seattle's Best Coffee and Tully's

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I find starbuck roasts to be very bitter. DD is more to my taste.

Although -- I'd give DD up for gevalia and illy espresso anyday. :p

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
azure_sea said:
the main thing for me is this - Dunkin Donuts has a drive through - here in suburban hell it's all about the drive through.

all the Starbucks are generally outside of my main circle of activity too

AND they just put a DD inside my local grocery store - buy 6 medium coffees get one free - now I have no reason to shop anywhere else

I concur that there is crack in them - they are like super caffeinated or something - I use fresh coffee in copius amounts at home and cannot acheive that jitter that you get after one big cup of DD joe.
we have drive-thru starbucks here... :D

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
MorpheIS said:
I find starbuck roasts to be very bitter. DD is more to my taste.

Although -- I'd give DD up for gevalia and illy espresso anyday. :p
Some of theirs are definately bitter.

Props on the Illy. Illy in a coffee press is real good :) I think I'll have one tomorrow. :D

but daily, it's a Venti Americano from Starbucks. Sucks to go mainstream but all the one off artsy coffee shops are so fucking inconsistant.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
no dunkin donuts in texas. but i have to say starbucks coffee isnt that great, but its everywhere. i do mean EVERYWHERE. within a 2 mile radius of my house i would bet that there are 30 locations

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
You guys should really try coffee luwak (sp?) :). But, I don't think that particular coffee is available in any Starbucks franchise.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I prefer Pete's coffee. However, Starbucks is just right under the building I work at so I have to say Starbucks. In my younger days, I used to hang out at coffee shops a lot and I would have to say that the small social coffee shops coffee sucks ass.

Now, doughnuts on the other hand, I would have to go with Krispy Kreme. I swear they put coca plant extract in there. :p

MMmmmm...... Doughnuts.....

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Its coffee, it all tastes like shit. The only reason to drink it is for the caffine. Ill be damned if im going to pay more than a buck for a cup. Ill take gas station coffee all week.

One stop, gas, coffee, breakfast, red bull....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
25 Participants
s0yb0mb
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing