Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a high performance clutch in my ride. Is there any place i can get one from or what would be comprable to the IS????

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
is there an acutal purpose, does your car say, have over 300rwhp? or do you not know what you are saying?

mauilex said:
I want to put a high performance clutch in my ride. Is there any place i can get one from or what would be comprable to the IS????

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha...

Smarass........i'm getting a turbo and why do you care? I asked where i can get one from not a dumb ass answer. Mind your own biz if you don't have the answer....Peace........

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Re: haha...

i have all of the answers, but i also have to wade through the bullshit and make sure that people aren't just buying things because they think they might need them, but truly have no idea what they do, or when they are needed, ya see?

as for the idiotic "mind your own biz" comment. this is everyones biz, as you posted this on a public forum on the INTERNET.

expect all kinds of different replies, or points of views

mauilex said:
Smarass........i'm getting a turbo and why do you care? I asked where i can get one from not a dumb ass answer. Mind your own biz if you don't have the answer....Peace........

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
high performance clutches are pain in the as5 sometimes.
for examples, there is significantly less half-clutching area, some are really heavy, and some needs a lot practice/adjustments when dealing w/ upgraded clutch.

my guess is that GTE was just trying to figure out what this n00b(you) is trying to getting himself into, if/when it is totally unneccessary, wasteful, and more of a burden for cars that doesnt even have power for that.
(i need to find a better way to rephrase that :lol: )

the biggest problem is that you havent posted here much, and most of this forum regulars simple dont know whotf you are and wtf you are up to.
you, as a (semi)new guy, shoulda given us more info's so we can answer if not lead you to a right direction. you, as a newb, deserve some as5kick w/ attitude like that.

peace.

-----
as for where to get some high perf. clutches...
im guessing you can get some RPS clutches from titan motorsports/suprastore.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Shouldn't you be able to use any W58 clutch? ...or is there a substantial difference between the W55 and the W58 (I thought the only difference was gearing)?

If so, then you should have many options.

I'd wait and see if the stock disc/pp holds first. You may only need to replace the pressure plate...

Look at horsepowerfreaks.com under Toyota Supra 93-98 -> Clutch Kits
...all of the NA clutch kits there should work fine if W58 clutch/pps bolt up to W55 trannies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing