Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think it's finally time. The snow is melting and I'm overdue in replacing my intermittently chattering clutch. I can blame the need for a replacement on the previous owner since the car has 106k on it. I'll feel better that way :) .

Im looking for suggestions on where to buy a decent clutch and flywheel at a reasonable price. I don' have any mods done to the car so I don't need anything from the race only category. Suggestions on brands and places to buy would be appreciated. I'll check out the sponsor links as well but most of that seems to be go fast goodies.

Thanks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just need a question answered how difficult is it to take tranny out and replace clutch myself and a buddy? Also i plan on getting the Clutchmasters stage 2 what flywheel should i get with this?
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
In general, it is not too difficult on a RWD car. Get a copy of the shop manual procedures for your year an model,.........very important! Follow best safety practices with the car on jack stands, disconnect battery negative, remove shifter, mark drive shaft to diff and tranny, remove drive shaft, remove starter, remove tranny. Don't forget to replace both pilot and clutch release bearings and handle clutch assy with clean hands!! Clean metal friction surfaces with something like brake cleaner spray.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
if you want to try the JUN flywheel, PM me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts