Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i need to replace my clutch if it is not slipping? I can break the tire(open diff.) loose with no clutch slip at all ,but when I change gears the clutch doesnt seem to disengage all the way, and it feels like im cliping every gear. Do I need to replace my clutch fluid and bleed my system? New throwout bearing? Trans. fluid? I know this is probably an easy answer but I dont have enough experience, or enough money to pay someone to check it out, so I would appreciate any help, thanks!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Well do the inexpensive stuff first
Bleed the clutch
change fluid in transmission, I like Redline MT90. About $10 Quart Order online

This gear box is not like a small honda box, its a bit clunky.
See if you can find another one in a dealers to drive to compare.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I am planning to eliminate the CCD or CDD whatever
But i don't think that will affect your problem, others here say a brake union fits.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Thats what I was planning to do. I am thinking it is the throwout bearing but I think i may just replace the clutch and pressure plate anyway, I did just pass the 60k mile mark. Does anyone know the expected life of a stock clutch?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
One member here replaced his at 154K
mine is at 140K but I am the second owner, the Car-fax shows all service at Lexus till 89K, and no clutch issues or replacement.
I assume you know why he stooped Lexus service at 89k ?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Your bio doesnt say where you are ?
Maybe theres a member near you that will swap rides for 15 mins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.