Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this problem? Everytime I press my clutch down, it makes a weird squeeking/creaking noise. What's going on?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
how many miles? Sounds like a bad throw-out bearing.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Could possibly be the throwout bearing or the clutch fork....if you bring it lexus they'll probably lube it up for you and it'll go away.. mine was doing the same thing before i changed my whole clutch out..

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
yea, but that depends on mileage naph :) If it started to squeak around 50 - 70K, they are going to wave the BS flag and claim it as wear and tare, as it truely is :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
^ i think you guys mis-understood his post. it squeeks when the clutch is pushed in. meaning, it's probably your linkage at the top of your pedal making the noise. just spray something better than WD-40 on it, and you'll be ok
dave

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i have this too right now .. .started after the nasty winterrains last year &early this ...

i assumed it was a dry bushing issue & i just need to lube something...

but i havent had a chance to get under the car & have the kid sit & pump the pedal a few times... to see exactly what point is squeaking.....

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I went down to lexus today and the service guy told me it had something to do with the spring and the bushing. He's getting the part in next week so yea...if thats one of your guys problem...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine is doing the samething on and off... what would i have to lube?? As anyone fixed this issue?

Thanks,

Jazzy

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
here is what fixed it for me ..

AGAIN thsi is NOT the noise you get when the TB is bad etc.. .that is more like a chirping & squeaking from a bad bearing ...

As noted above this is more a "creaking" noise, basically from DRY pivots on the clutch pedal / linkage or Slave cylinder/ lever.

I was able to shoot a spray on gel lube onto the fulcrum point of the clutch lever...I couldn't hear the noise from any where but from INSIDE the bell housing.... so it was as far as i could tell the fulcrum point of the lever creaking when pressing the clutch in...& releasing.

I was able to pull back the rubber boot that seals the square opening in the tranny/bell housing for the clutch lever ... and then i was able to stick the straw end of the spray can up into the tranny & shoot some of this gel lube onto the FULCRUM point of the clutch lever

this fixed the noise for me ...

BTW: my creaking started last spring when we had those NASTY ass rains here in Cali the winter before... it came back again this spring after the wet winter & i had to lube it again....

good luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm getting this squeeky noise under the dash when I push the clutch pedal down as well. Anyone have pictures of what I need to spray with lithium greese in order to get rid of thise squeek?

Thanks in advance.

-Trung

·
Registered
604 Posts
Damn, I hear the same exact noise to! Some days it will go away, but after the car is cold, or after it rains, it will start up again. A very irrating *squeak* every time I push the clutch pedal down. (Dis-engage the clutch)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Damn, I hear the same exact noise to! Some days it will go away, but after the car is cold, or after it rains, it will start up again. A very irrating *squeak* every time I push the clutch pedal down. (Dis-engage the clutch)
Same here. Hopefully someone can take a picture of what needs to be lubricated.

-Trung

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good to know its not a common problem. I'm guessing its common sense what to spray with lube. I'll try it this weekend and let you guys know, I've been putting it off for a while. I also need to fix my squeeky seat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
did anyone ever find out what part needs to be lubed? Something inside the car, under the clutch pedal, but what i do it with my hand i dont hear anything. With my foot i can hear it? I guess because i give it constant pressure with my food. Let me know what anyone has found

·
Registered
52 Posts
here is what fixed it for me ..

AGAIN thsi is NOT the noise you get when the TB is bad etc.. .that is more like a chirping & squeaking from a bad bearing ...

good luck
My clutch actually makes a chirping noise when the clutch is OUT and goes away when pressed down. I took it to the dealer and he lubed up the "cluch arm?" and the noise went away for a while. Now it is back and was wondering what you refered to as "TB is bad"? Please explain if possible. Will I need to replace a part or will lubing it be fine?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My clutch actually makes a chirping noise when the clutch is OUT and goes away when pressed down. I took it to the dealer and he lubed up the "cluch arm?" and the noise went away for a while. Now it is back and was wondering what you refered to as "TB is bad"? Please explain if possible. Will I need to replace a part or will lubing it be fine?
Could be the throwout bearing or pilot bearing. Ultimately needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the same problem has KrIS-300

"My clutch actually makes a chirping noise when the clutch is OUT and goes away when pressed down"

My mecanics says it's the master cylinder needs greese, but there's no
way to greese it without openning the tranny :( (is it true???)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts