Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is an 02' IS300 5spd w/ 140k miles.

Symptoms:
-When you push quickly and release the clutch pedal there's a slight lag in the return.
-Clutch slips only when i push it in 3rd-5th gear and just recently in reverse when on a steep decline, but drives fine during normal daily driving.

A friend (Acura of Glendale Mechanic) mine said it could either be my clutch master or slave cylinder, the clutch dampening unit, time for a new clutch kit, or the clutch hydraulic system needs a bleeding.

Has anyone else had a similar situation?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Mines the same at 139K, and its worse in the cold and that doesn't make sense to me.
I checked the spring coef vs temp and the springs have a higher rate when getting colder.

One member posted he got 154K from the original clutch, asked / claimed this was a record

I am coming to the conclusion it just worn out.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Have you checked the slave is not binding or cant go back enough to release the clutch properly ?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-CDD is still installed.

-Haven't had anytime to crawl underneath to check the slave.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was? Slave? My onyx 5spd has these same symptoms, but gears 1-5 dont engage and reverse does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.