Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the future i plan on gettin the 2.75 kit. i was just wondering what clutch and flywheel do you perfer. ive tried searching but couldnt find ne info. or will the stock clutch and flywheel will hold up.. thanks

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
the srt 2.75 kit puts down like 450+ whp if im not mistaken. assuming you run your car at that, you will need a different tranny, so the stock clutch and flywheel will not do at all. flywheel and clutch selection will depend on what tranny you go with and how much you let the kit put down. ill let someone with a bit more expertise chime in.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
No the stock clutch certainly will not handle 450hp, but then neither will the stock 5-speed. We usually recommend keeping the hp to around 350 with that trans (~9psi) But even then the stock clutch will not hold. We typically recommend the RPS Max clutch for this application with the lightweight flywheel.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i hav talked to srt before through pm and they recommended the same to me, rps clutch and pressure plate.. i just made the mistake of using an oem throwout bearing because now i have chirp of death.... also you can not re surface the flywheel you would either need a new one or a lightweight one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts