Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi IS Community, I read about the 2002 IS300 clutch and ECU Chip. I heard that the clutch wears down or breaks or whatever, really fast. When do you usally notice this (Miles?) and how will you notice it (sound?, working order?)? Do you hear like an odd sound or whatever to know it needs to be fixed? Also another thing, the ECU computer chip. How do you re-program it? I heard that messes up too on 2001-2002 IS300's. Please respond back, thank you IS community.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
ECU on the IS300 is pretty well tuned for the car already. (You won't get an extra 60HP by flashing it like you will with some German cars).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acumenhokie, oh I see. I do not think I was specific enough. I meant I heard there was a hesitation problem on the 2001-2002 is300. TO fix it you have to replace/re-program/repair the ecu chip. How do you do it and if i had someone do it, how much would it cost? parts? And the clutch, I heard it gives out fast. How much would that cost and what ar the signs on the clutch giving out?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
the ecu should be taken care of for free i think. it was a recall (correct me if im mistaken). 83k miles on my original clutch and still bites pretty hard :) knock on wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts