Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i did 2jzgte with ar5 tranny on the is300 it has a stroker head and ecu master classic I’ve been looking in all over the threads about how to run my stock cluster cant find anything about it any ideas how to make it run i saw some threads that talk about having the stock ecu with it but not much to explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nice build, there.

You have to leave the stock ecu in the car to run the gauges. You wire it to where the standalone gets full control of the injectors and ignition, but needs to share with the stock ecu the sensor data (cam, crank, etc, iat). As far as I know, there’s no way to completely excise the stock ecu and retain gauges and climate control.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When i was shopping around for a stand-alone I was told the same thing, that the stock ecu has to remain wired in to get your gauges fuctioning correctly.

How are you liking the ECU masters? I am leaning hard on going with them. I even called up their tech support a few times and they are great on answering questions even tho I have yet to purchase from them lol. However they did confirm what Kris Ok said about leaving the stock ecu in so that other things in the vehicle worked properly like gauges and other body functions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My setup uses the Link Altezza ecu and it runs everything. Link is the only one I'm familiar with for our cars that have the can bus capabilities. Otherwise, yes, you need the factory ecu in conjunction with your stand alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts