Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 5 speed '04 IS300 about 3 weeks ago. Just about half the time I shift, I hear a slight clunking sound. I brought it into the dealership to question them about this and they told me it was just the clutch catching itself. I believed what they told me and I continued to drive along but that clunking noise always comes back.
I've been driving a 5speed civic for 6 years before this so i know how to work a 5speed.
Has anyone ever heard of this problem. This is clunking noise is driving me crazy, I'm super careful when changing gears now, which takes the fun outta driving it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
civicuser said:
I bought a new 5 speed '04 IS300 about 3 weeks ago. Just about half the time I shift, I hear a slight clunking sound. I brought it into the dealership to question them about this and they told me it was just the clutch catching itself. I believed what they told me and I continued to drive along but that clunking noise always comes back.
I've been driving a 5speed civic for 6 years before this so i know how to work a 5speed.
Has anyone ever heard of this problem. This is clunking noise is driving me crazy, I'm super careful when changing gears now, which takes the fun outta driving it.
sounds like the normal clunk - you'll learn to love it! :wink:

·
8,849 Posts
The noise you are experiencing is called "THUMP".
It is normal. If you search, many topics will come up regarding it.
It has somethimg to do with the way the transmission is designed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts