Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 manual is300. I have two problems as of right now with it. First one being the clunking noise while driving. Won’t let me attach the video I have but clunking noise in the rear, noise comes and goes. Speeds up with cars speed. I jacked up the car everything looks and feels fine. AXLES look and feel good. What’s could it be?

second problem being the car wanders at highway speeds and above. Hard to keep in one lane. Is this the rack and pinion? I don’t think the problems are related.

·
Registered
601 Posts
First things first - get the wheels/tires inspected for balance and trueness, and get the alignment inspected/corrected.

My suspicion is the results of above will shed light on your problems.

·
Registered
773 Posts
It's either the axles, sway bar endlinks, or the knuckle bushings. I've had to change one knuckle bushing and both endlinks on my car.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
#2 control arm bush will make it wander if it is split. You will hear clunking as well but usually when on or off gas or brake.

·
Registered
2005 Lexus IS300
207 Posts
so many parts that can cause this, id lift up the rear and check for play in all bushings and parts, if there is play in anything that can cause noise when driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts