Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found that a number of people who have installed aftermarket springs are experiencing a clunking or knocking noise going over small bumps at slow speeds. I just installed some L-tuned springs and I'm getting a knocking noise constantly! It's incredibly annoying and I'm really hoping that there's a solution. :pissed:

So....I just wanted to start this thread to get an idea exactly how many people are experiencing the same thing and what you've done about it to solve the problem. Please don't post any "ideas" that you have unless you've specifically tried them out yourself. I found plenty "theories" already using the search. 8)

Thats all....have at it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can you give any more details?

If it's coming from the back have you looked in the trunk to make sure the dampers haven't popped up? If they did not install the brass rings on the factory bump stops the dampers will pop-up in the trunk and make a racket.

It also could be that they did not get the dampers aligned right and they are clattering in the upper part of the housing. Their is info in one of the stickies on this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i had that problem when i got mine installed... a clunking on the rear drivers side when i go over rough bumps... i brought it back to the shop i got them done at and they said nothing was wrong, but the sound went away after that and it's still good now (been about three months so far) go figure... i'm still thinking that they probably forgot to tighten something or whatever...

bring it back to the shop you got them installed... tell them to take a look at it and maybe they'll "find nothing wrong"...

·
Registered
27 Posts
craniac24 said:
I did a search and found that a number of people who have installed aftermarket springs are experiencing a clunking or knocking noise going over small bumps at slow speeds. I just installed some L-tuned springs and I'm getting a knocking noise constantly! It's incredibly annoying and I'm really hoping that there's a solution. :pissed:

So....I just wanted to start this thread to get an idea exactly how many people are experiencing the same thing and what you've done about it to solve the problem. Please don't post any "ideas" that you have unless you've specifically tried them out yourself. I found plenty "theories" already using the search. 8)

Thats all....have at it!
i've got a similar problem, but its more of a clicking sound and i usually here it when i take the car out of park???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts