Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to let you guys know that I am making a new site for the IS300. CLUBIS300.com is the site and it will serve as a resource center, and hopefully help make the IS' presence on the Net much more complete

I'm still in the predesigning phase and have a hand full of pages up. Forums should be up by next week and the rest should be up after christmas. Please e-mail me if your interested in being a moderator (certain requirements must be met) or site designer. [email protected] or [email protected]

Mark

Here's a decal pic: www.clubis300.com/images/shopping/decal.jpg

[This message has been edited by ClubIS300 (edited November 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
When I was moderator at the MR2-Spyder world forum, there was this "other" site which kept posting how great they were, but they didn't have any good content, or any real traffic.

"They" kept making bogus userIDs on the forum and making up stories like "I just went to XYZ site and it is very fun - much better than this site". In other words they were trying to mislead users to go to the other site (which just so happened to be run by a company selling aftermarket MR2-Spyder parts).

Anyways - I hope this isn't the first sign of a "commercial site" that is trolling around on IS300.net trying to collect users.

Of course you IS300.net members are free to go browsing around on other sites as much as you feel, but do be aware that there are some sitemasters that may try to "sucker" you into coming to their site.

Hopefully the "new" site mentioned in this topic WILL be another good resource for IS300 owners, and not some bad advertisement for some products that you don't really need.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Mark -
Sorry if I insinuated anything about you or your new site, *but* when you say "ready for the TRUE is300 site", us longtime IS300.net people take some offence...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geezz... I wasn't trying to take anyone away from here. I even e-mailed the webmaster and asked him if he wanted to work together... I like this place too.
I had planned to make this site so we can all work together. ClubIS300.com was going to be something like CLUBSI where they have everything you can imagine about the Civic SI.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do it man! If it works out, cool. You never know what may come out of it. If it doesn't, oh well. Just gotta create your own niche, whatever that may be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
gmej
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing