Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,369 Posts
You must show some love to other members before giving it to Flipside909 again.
Definitely owe you. That review is one majorly amazing effort. :worship:

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Great review, I cant wait to drive one in september. I must say all the initial reviews have a "write good things only" feel to them. Maybe the car is that good?!!!! I cant see a enthusiat not hating the lack of a manual and the fact that the stability control no matter how suttle cant be turned off...yet all the review seems to say its not that bad? (I hate brake assist lol).

Seems like the is250 is just as fast as the is300 alot smoother(im not sure how since the is300 was butter smooth),smaller brakes. Anyone have 0-60s on the is250 awd realistically it should be quite a bit slower(maybe not 0-60 but over all). And with the reduction on tq, gained weight, and increased smoothness it should "feel" slower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great write up! Great photos!
I have a few questions:

1. Did the hump of the transfer case in the 250 awd interfere with the drivers right foot?
2. Could an adult sit comfortably in the rear seat?
3. If you were rating the acceleration of the 250 and 350 out of 10(10 being the best and 6 being the stock is300) what would you rate them?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roybite said:
Great write up! Great photos!
I have a few questions:

1. Did the hump of the transfer case in the 250 awd interfere with the drivers right foot?
2. Could an adult sit comfortably in the rear seat?
3. If you were rating the acceleration of the 250 and 350 out of 10(10 being the best and 6 being the stock is300) what would you rate them?
1) The hump of the AWD trans. tunnel hits your right leg calf area. It wasn't noticable until I jumped into the IS350 right after, then went back into the IS250 AWD.
2) Yes
3) IS250= 8 IS350= 10

The gearing in both new IS' are much better suited than the gearing of the IS300.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Flipside909 said:
1) The hump of the AWD trans. tunnel hits your right leg calf area. It wasn't noticable until I jumped into the IS350 right after, then went back into the IS250 AWD.
2) Yes
3) IS250= 8 IS350= 10

The gearing in both new IS' are much better suited than the gearing of the IS300.

suited to what? 0-60 but slower on the highway? we need to race them, do you think lexus would frown :-d

·
Registered
882 Posts
what were the RPM's during highway cruises. I don't like how the current IS300's gearing has it at 3k rpms at 70mph.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mr. haison said:
what were the RPM's during highway cruises. I don't like how the current IS300's gearing has it at 3k rpms at 70mph.
We did alot of cruising at around 60mph. The tach was pretty much pegged at a very low 2k RPM in 6th gear. The auto gearing is awesome on the new IS...here are the stats I posted on another thread:

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=263747&page=1&pp=30

1 - 9 of 9 Posts