Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be picking up my IS300 sometime this next week, and it has cloth interior rather than leather. Why? In part because the Atlanta dealers want too much for leather, and I can't afford it. Another reason is that I plan to hold on the car for a while, and leather doesn't age as well as cloth.

Anyone else choose cloth?

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
I got the Escaine, but the cloth is nice also. Congrats on your new ride. You got a great car. Enjoy it.

Well Wishingly Yours,

Lex

PS: Don't bother trying to wipe the Kool-Aid grin off your face once you get your car. It can't be done!

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.01 Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Back when I went shopping for an is300 last summer, I considered cloth just to save money. At first, I could only find the leather ones to check out. And then one day, I finally found a cloth version to check out. Personally, I can't stand the way that so called cloth feels... it feels weird. =/ Plus, all the lint from your clothes will get stuck on it and will show up easily. Also, the seats are all MANUAL on the cloth version interior..which kinda sux. If you can maybe afford to put in alittle more dough... go for some leather (which comes w/ electronic seat adjusters). And plus, it's a lexus which means luxury and leather go hand in hand.

------------------
White IS300
"Bein Bad Ain't EZ"

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know that the leather comes with the power seat and the luxury and all, but I'm going to be the only driver, so once set, I'm not going to be changing the seat settings anyway.

·
2,909 Posts
I chose cloth mainly because I prefer it. In Miami it's hot 95% of the year, yes the ecsaine "material" helps but, it's also not worth the money for half leather seats. Ok so you can get the heated seats (remember it's hot enough here) You have a good point about not changing the position of the seat whereas I also am the sole driver of my car. Do not feel you made the wrong choice at all, they are (to me at least) easier to maintain.

LexArkana: 1982 Captain America Big Wheel is that what I think it is?

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl
"gray" not "grey"

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Originally posted by jiggafett:

LexArkana: 1982 Captain America Big Wheel is that what I think it is?

I guess that all depends on what you think it is?

Inquiringly Yours,

Lex

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had planned to change my seat to a semi-bucket Recaro (ended up with TRD) from the start, so I didn't pick the escaine interior. (Yes, we can buy leather interior, same as the Lexus, here in Japan too. "Toyota" doesn't equal "cheap" here in Japan.)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I intentionally ordered cloth on my special ordered car. I prefer the cloth over the leather for the durability and comfort (temp) reasons.

Sure some cars have cheap cloth that falls apart, but high quality cloth will outlast leather (and not crack or discolor).

In many other countries cloth is more popular even on luxury cars. Americans just have this "thing" about leather...

A few Lexus dealers told me "don't get cloth because the resale value will be worse"... but I don't plan to sell my IS300.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts