Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of think it looks cool. Definitely not classy though, kind of like the PT Cruiser - hideous but strangely appealing. The Impreza's got some interesting lines, but SO many huge lights really make it hard to love. I'd almost be tempted to buy it just to annoy people.

Originally posted by ISisBEST:
Your exactly right TEG, performance is everything. Looks count too

·
Registered
90 Posts
Impreza's have always had huge lights. (Remember those huge fog lights on prev generations?) Must be that offroad nature that they're known for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Japanese market Imprezas have been impressive performers for quite some time. The previous generation had questionable looks... well there is no question this time, that thing is U-G-L-Y. But to each his own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This car is only for the true enthusiast. Only a true power addcit will get the car because they have would have to pay 25k for a car that looks like a 12k car. The car looks so cheap...the desisn looks no better than a neon, kia, or corolla.

The engine does have potential though, hitting in the high 200's should not be a problem.

This car is in a different league than a Lexus, Audi, BMW....its like comparing apples to oranges.

Scott

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
did somebody say daewho? its aching for a body kit and headlight/tailight swaps... maybe replace the front and rear fenders to something with nicer lines...remove that spoiler...wider tires on some larger size rims (no chrome, not too much larger) lower a little more...definately swap out that godawful front end and stick in something more angular...hey, i would rather redo the body than the engine...cheaper.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better than body kits, just ease up behind some guy's BMW 330i at Lime Rock Park and give him a couple love taps at the end of the straight, send him spinning and improve your front end appearance in one shot.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't car how fast that thing goes.....It's UUUUUUGGGGLLYYYYYYY. Serious body work will be required to make it even half way decent.

Don't you wish you could take Subaru all wheel drive turbo performance and plop it into the body of the IS300. Now that would be one awsome car.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
That's a damn funny post.

Originally posted by ckolsen:
I kind of think it looks cool. Definitely not classy though, kind of like the PT Cruiser - hideous but strangely appealing. The Impreza's got some interesting lines, but SO many huge lights really make it hard to love. I'd almost be tempted to buy it just to annoy people.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You won't be laughing when I drive my new Impreza through your neighborhood and your property value drops through the floor.
I think I'd get a kick out of driving up next to people to hear them say "Daaayaamm, you ugly!!"

Originally posted by brad:
That's a damn funny post.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Autoexpress.com says the new Impreza Turbo (for US) will have 225 hp and 0-60 in almost 5 seconds, with top speed of 150 mph. I may have to get one just to frighten BMW owners. Clambake, I'm comin' for ya!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts