Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, just wanted to say that this is a pretty informative e-community and that i've read some pretty useful information on here :)

i'm currently in the market for an IS300.

i'm looking at this one particular 2001 IS300, white with Tan leather interior, with around 65k miles. it appears to be in pretty good condition and seems to run pretty well.
there are a few minor scratches and blemishes but nothing too bad or noticeable. the interior looks like it's in decent condition.

my question is, how much would this particular car be worth? i've checked the book values, but i'm wondering what the market would pay for a car like this?

the reason i ask is that i do not want to overpay and am willing to wait to find the right deal, so any insight would be appreciated. i'm in socal btw.

thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
according to kbb, nada, and edmunds, you're looking at paying 14-16k for a good condition 2001 is300.

drive it for a bit cold to see how it behaves. feel for shimmy-ing when driving and braking. Ask for records of scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance. These few steps are not specific to the IS, just a few general tips.

good luck. I miss mine.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Nothing wrong with the '01, but if you can help it, you may want to find a similar '02. There were several changes in '02, nothing major though.

-Some colors were available in '01 only. Auburn Sky Pearl (did i get that right?) and Imperial Jade Mica. The white from '01 may have also been different (not sure).

-There was a tranny issue on same automatic '01s. A flash of the ECU fixed this, but if your car isn't flashed, and would be out of warranty, not sure if the dealer will flash it for you (might be covered under the 70k powertrain, but i'm not sure)

-I believe that the '01s didn't have the center armrest. You can add one by buying the parts though.

-'01s sit slighly lower than later year ISes.

There's definitely nothing WRONG with the '01s at all. It seems like prices of used IS300s are firmed up recently. The most useful way to judge the price would be to compare the price of similar IS300s in your area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the helpful replies everyone. i appreciate it.

Storm: what do you mean by the 01's sit slightly lower than the later year IS300's?

other than the minor differences you listed, everything else from the 01-05 IS300's are exactly the same, correct?

thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts