Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey last nite had a friend take me for a cruise in his clk 430, after i gave him a ride in my IS. Incredible, the 430 is so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At a 100mph this car was still pullin and no shortage in horsepower or torque, he smoked mustang v8's like there standin still. Needless to say I'll keep my IS until i can afford the GS430. Then well be talkin apples with apples.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
128 Posts
well the other day i had a race with a TUNED Merc i am not sure which one was it bec we were gogin 100 in downtown DC, but i think it was a CLk or a S 320 or somethign but i am more positive about CLK and it was either 98-99 but i am not sure bec i had to concentratoe on road. His car was fast but it didn't handle turns very well i almost passed him but all my buddies in my car were like $hit scared and so i had to stop but the point is as far as JUST RACE ON A STRAIGHT ROAD goes that is nothing the real race means handling, braking,cuttign and stuff and IS has very very good reviews about that.
and it si one of the fastest Street Racing cars i.e its time from 30-50 and from 50-70 is faster then most of the sedan sport cars i will post the real values soon from Car and Driver.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
CLK430's? For the size of the engine they aren't really that fast... Have you ever ridden in a GS400? They're about half a second faster than a CLK430 to 60mph and a hell of a lot faster to the top speed electronically limited at 155.... The one time I drove my GS4 to its top speed it was still pulling at 140 as if it were going 70... There was a discussion here a while ago where someone who calculated that with the limiter off the GS400 could do over 170+.... (is it true?)

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
sure for the size of the engine it's not that fast but it's still a fast car =) it handles decently from waht i've seen adn i think it could trounce the IS300 easily malik...but i'm not sure, i haven't actually driven one

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i am still breakin in my IS, but my friends clk430 off the line stompin on the gas pedal, didn't even hesitate. I agree that in a straight line race we might have a chance, but it doesn't beat the handling characteristics of the IS. For the money i still would have bought the IS, the sound system is better in the IS than the Mercedes, believe it or not.

Originally posted by Chris Y:
CLK430's? For the size of the engine they aren't really that fast... Have you ever ridden in a GS400? They're about half a second faster than a CLK430 to 60mph and a hell of a lot faster to the top speed electronically limited at 155.... The one time I drove my GS4 to its top speed it was still pulling at 140 as if it were going 70... There was a discussion here a while ago where someone who calculated that with the limiter off the GS400 could do over 170+.... (is it true?)

-Chris Y.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

1 - 6 of 6 Posts