Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my friend just got an exhaust for is IS, but his car is in the shop so we put it on my car just to see what it would sound like, cuz he couldnt wait another 3 days...

well i let him do all the work, since he was the only one up for it...took him only 30 mins to bolt it on since my exhaust was easy to get loose cuz i just got it on recently... well
this is the clip, so tell us what you guys think, b/c he might buy another one cuz he changed his mind, and return this one..

we wont tell you what brand it is so you guys will be biased towards brand names or what you personally own, but please leave you input. thanks!

[btw its used, and was already broken in/in video, didnt rev past about 4.500 RPMs]

CLICK FOR VIDEO

-Aaron(owner of car in this clip)
&
Johnny(owner of exhaust in this clip)

:p

he says he will post the name of the exhaust after he gets enough input.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no its ok, he's trying to get as many opinions as possible..and nah is not camera..thats as close to reality sound as u can get..

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Looks like an A`PEXi exhaust...sounds OK...however, it's too loud for my taste.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Quite loud. Maybe it's because of your piping setup? :p What is your friend's setup?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You have a megan ypipe...its gonna change the sound of it compared to a stocky which ur friend probably has. It looks like a RSR exhaust or apexi

·
Registered
336 Posts
isn't dat a greddy? lol anyway...i think it's too loud for my taste

·
Registered
100 Posts
It sounds like a WRX with an exhaust, has that boxer sound to it. Personally I like the sound, just not on my Lexus... If I owned a WRX, maybe.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
so...what kind of exhaust is it? when is the announcement? :)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when i get enough comments lo.

we really wanna get more from you guys =]

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
too loud for my taste :ignore:

but that being said... i hope your friend doesnt choose his exhaust based on what people here have to say. (insert rant about having a backbone, making choices for yourself, etc. etc.) ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a greddy exaust and it doesnt sound like mine at all, but I do agree that it sounds like a WRX exaust...Sounds OK

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no its cool he just wants to know what other ppl think...wow so like 7 NO NOs, and 1 person liked it =[

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and no, the Ypipe is off too. its jsut stock Y pipe and the catback =]

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
well, ill make it the second person that liked it. if only i know what exhaust it is! when is the announcement!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts