Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new rear brake pads put on last month. Ever since I got the car back, I keep on hearing a clinking noise, sounds like a piece of thin sheet-metal loose, hitting something when I ride over bumps on the road. But when I am coming to a stop (with my foot on the brake & hit the same bumps), the noise is not there.

At first, I thought it was the metal-piece that goes over your rear disc brake that is/are hitting the brakes. So I tried to bent it a little outward, but the noise is still there.

Has anyone experience this before? I'm putting my stock graphite 17"s with snow tires back on for the winter tomorrow, maybe I'll take a closer look at it. If I can't figure it out, I will have my mechanic to look at it (again). TIA

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clinking. Sounds like a thin piece of metal hitting against something harder when I drive over bumps. Not a rubbing sound at all.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm guessing it could be the clips/pins from the rear brake pads are missing......

Anyone??

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
brake pad shims might be loose like my last date :), either way check out the 4 clips on the metal part of the shim and make sure they are secured to the pad.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the car is going in the shop tomorrow. I've worked on my engine/suspension & all but one thing I don't like to touch are my brakes. I'm guessing it is the pad(s).

I also noticed the noise is at a minimum when it is raining/wet outside. Weird?!!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts