Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

For some reason my fan isnt turning on, this happened after i changed out the bulbs because one of the bulbs fried.

My fan is not broken, because when my car is idle ot will come on and turn off. But inside the cabin no air blows out even if i turn it on to max... ac light dont come home either

Anyonw know whats the fuses so i can check it? Google is no help......

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
There are a number of fuses for the AC control.

40A Heater in passenger kick(blower feed)
10A A/C driver side
10A Radio #2 driver side
10A ECU-IG driver side
10A MPX-B passenger kick

You may need to check the controller for power, it's mounted to the firewall right behind the glove box. I have the AC PDFs as well as extensive troubleshooting in the link below(post 10). Anfro had the same problem and it turned out to be his controller. Rather than write a book and fill this page, I would suggest following this link. I believe I also sent you the diagnostic book and the AC print is on page #1057. Basically you have to make surethe controller is getting power and fuses are good. This thread goes deep into a faulty fan control problem. Hope it helps, post back if not.
http://my.is/forums/f115/blower-fan-quit-working-414266/

Edit; unless something went wrong with the blower knob? Did you have to disassemble that rotary selector switch part(knobs) for your bulb install?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea im worried that when i was taking the bulbs up i kinda applied pressure down onto the panel scared that i broke it, also isnt the ac light supposed to turn on? Even if the blower isnt working, thanks for the links ill check it and the fuses tomarrow or maybe tonight

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Regardless of the LED, you should have total control of the fan by turning the dial. But yes, the AC light comes on until I disengage it(at least on mine). It sounds more likely to be the unit but if you want to verify you can using the link and posts #10+ are very informational. Download the FSM and take the unit's face off to verify the contacts and board is ok. I don't think you broke the board but may have possibly messed up the dial? I dunno but if you need help lemme know, good luck.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regardless of the LED, you should have total control of the fan by turning the dial. But yes, the AC light comes on until I disengage it(at least on mine). It sounds more likely to be the unit but if you want to verify you can using the link and posts #10+ are very informational. Download the FSM and take the unit's face off to verify the contacts and board is ok. I don't think you broke the board but may have possibly messed up the dial? I dunno but if you need help lemme know, good luck.
it was the unit, the little metal thing that sticks out from the botton of the knob came off, i took the whole climate control assembly apart, connect back the tiny piece of metal onto the ac knob then, the fans/ ac turns on fine and blow freezing cold air :)

man jason you have very good Intel about the is

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
it was the unit, the little metal thing that sticks out from the botton of the knob came off, i took the whole climate control assembly apart, connect back the tiny piece of metal onto the ac knob then, the fans/ ac turns on fine and blow freezing cold air :)

man jason you have very good Intel about the is
Nice! I had a feeling it may have been the console since it stopped working right after the repair to the unit. I thought the dial used a contact but wasn't positive if it was affixed to the dial. Thanks for the comment and glad to hear you're good to go!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Lately a lot of people have been bringing back threads from the dead... Guess I'm no different.. lol

Anyhow, so today I did some soldering for the cat eye clock LEDs and took apart the Climate control. I have a really bad habit of things falling apart and wasn't paying attention. Long story short the stuipd 0-60 timer buttons and a few others fell apart and now my blower switch isn't working. From the posts above a piece of metal is supposed to make contact with the board to show position from the knob. Other than the ribbon connection and rear plug connection is there anything I'm missing? The A/C button works inside the knob and the others work fine.

Your input is appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts